• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much should a dwarf lop weigh?

aaagh! just converted this online and it says that about 2 kg. Mine weighs almost three!!!! :shock: :shock: He is on a healthy diet - Oxbow pellets (about a small handfull), veg like greens and watercress and grass/hay all the time. Is he just a large one?

aaagh! just converted this online and it says that about 2 kg. Mine weighs almost three!!!! :shock: :shock: He is on a healthy diet - Oxbow pellets (about a small handfull), veg like greens and watercress and grass/hay all the time. Is he just a large one?

My dwarf lop was more like 2.5 to 3 kg and she wasn't fat at all :)

I was going to ask this question as well so I'm glad you asked! :) My dwarf lop Lilly is 5 months old and I took her to the vets yesterday for her VHD injection. The vet weighed her yesterday and she was 2.3kg. The vet said to me that she was verging on being overweight and that she wounldn't like to see her any bigger. :? :shock: This has really worried me as her diet is very healthy. She has a handful of Bunny Basics HI-FI daily plus a variety of unlimited hay and lots of veggies. She only gets 1-2 treats a week of a banana chip or mini shredded wheat and she also occasionally has some dried herbs from BB as well. This to me is a very healthy diet?? I don't want to cut it down in any way but should I be worried about her weight?

She also has a huge run which she enjoys playing and running around in so she gets plenty of exercise.

I'm really worried I don't want her to be unhealthy. Any suggestions??

Back