• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will you always keep rabbits.....

norrielian

Mama Doe
How many of you will always keep rabbits no matter what?

Has anyone been surprised at how much work and money they are to keep?

I adore my rabbits and they are so spoilt but I do find them very hard work to keep (definiately more so than our cats), especially as our life has been so busy in the last 2 years with getting married, moving house and now doing up the new house on top of working full time.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure if I would get more rabbits.

:lol: :shock: Dont think you will get many peeps agreeing with you there!

They are hard work yes I agree but I will always have bunnies :D

I can't imagine not having a pair of rabbits now I have them :) Although I got Teddy and Jemima as he happened to need a home desperately I wasn't planning on two pairs and if I were honest our garden's only big enough for one hutch/run so when the time comes they're no longer around I will reduce to one pair outside and possibly a houserabbit if the OH lets me :rolleyes:

I feel like that too Norrielian. I don't think I will have rabbits again for many years, perhaps when I am more settled and earning more.

I can't imagine ever not having bunnies :shock: :D

But then i can't imagine myself having any other pets or kids so it's not really much effort to look after them.

not sure if il have another 4 rabbits after these go but i will always have at least 2 rabbits in my life ;) i spent 16 years without them i want to make up for lost time hehe my dream is to have a spoiled Giant house rabbit :D rabbits to me are an obsession lol theres no way id go long without one.

I will always have a bunny, i have tried nagging the boyfriend for 18 months now to let me bring one of mine to the flat, but he says no, so at my mums they have to stay for now...
the day we move into a house/bunglow somewhere either a garden i will be bringing my bunnies home, plus maybe a few more to add into the mix! :)

I'll definately have buns but think I'd wait until I had my own place so they could live indoors, I miss the interaction I got when the buns were in my bedroom

Ive had rabbits constantly for over 20 years and yes they are the hardest work!:lol:
I have to say I have often thought that I would not get anymore but when a companion inevitably dies (I always pair up) I always end up getting them a new partner as I could not ever part with a pet I have taken on and I could not let that pet be lonely (although some personalities don't mind but i seem to have not had one of those yet!!:lol: ) So it is a never ending cycle! I do enjoy them and there was a time when I split up with my ex and had to move suddenly into a small rented cottage where I wasn't allowed any pets. I sneaked the cats in and my dog stayed with a friend and my small furries all lived at my mums in another town and although the house was easier to maintain and it was less chaotic, I missed them like crazy! As soon as a house came available to rent that allowed pets I moved!
So I think that unless I become truly truly broke I will always have them:? Bless them:D

Yep, I think i`d be lost without them!
The fact they keep me so busy is probably what keeps me sane! ( No rude comments please )!:lol: :lol:

Su.x

I can't EVER picture myself being without rabbits.....I would be SO lost!!!!!:( :(

I got my first rabbit when I was about 11, and I am 47 now......so that's 36 years now that I have CONSTANTLY had rabbits! They are just the greatest!!!!!:love: :love:

I love my two rabbits Lily and Charlie, but i do agree they are hard work and im not sure i will get more, i got my first rabbit Billy by accident as he was a stray, then i got Lily to pair up with Billy, then we lost Billy and got Charlie to pair up with Lily, the problem being where do you stop as obviously my rabbits will not die together:cry: and i dont like to see a lonely bun:roll:

I've been in the position a couple of times when I've vowed to get no more rabbits.

First time was when my fave bun died about 3 and a half years ago.

Second was when I moved house last year.

However memories fade, and there's always a needy bunny around the corner :roll: :lol:

I love my little bunny friends but don't think I will keep bunnies my whole life. I find their illnesses and intensive nursing needs just too much for me and very stressful. I know that the good times outweigh the bad but I find planning and organising anything so difficult around the time I need and want to spend with them.

I cant really answer, as i have only had my bunny for just over a week :oops: (first bun ever)

So will answer at a later date :lol:
But im finding Sox great at the moment! I love watching her run around and playing with the dog :D

Claire

I think I will have more rabbits - but I think I will adopt an older one next time as 'teenage' house buns are a lot of work :lol: :lol: I wouldn't swap mine for anything though :)

Hmmm not sure. I love my buns & they are with me for life, but I am very aware of how restricted my life is - it's not really mattered TBH, I got a horse 9 years ago & that has been a committment that has kept me from travelling etc. It totally hasn't mattered cos my horse is the love of my life :love:. He's 18 though now, & his companion is 25. I won't get ever get more horses after Danny.

I figure this is my life for the next 15-20 years or so(& I love it:D ). Then - who knows?

I can't imagine not having buns in my life, I love looking after them - and tidying up after them :lol:

Well I've made a pact with my bunnies that they are never ever going to die, so I'll be having them forever.

Back