• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lizzie is Very Poorly-U/D 1130hrs-Slight Improvement

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Lizzie developed abdominal pain 2 days ago. She was not bloated but had lots of poo in her guts. Metoclopromide and Metacam brought about a complete recovery. Then yesterday afternoon she was in pain again. No bloat at first, just lots of poo again. This time treatment has not led to improvement and she has deteriorated throughout the night. She has bloated up and at about 2.30am was dehydrated, cold and flat. Fluid therapy and heat pads plus more analgesia have stabalised her but she remains an extremely sick Rabbit :cry: :cry:
I have not attempted syringe feeds as right now she is too bloated. We will see Christobel this morning

Janex :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Oh Jane, I'm sorry. Sending lots of vibes for Lizzie, I hope she can get better.
Sorry I don't know her history, is she an old bun? x

Liquid parafin worked well for Bobby, if it is a blockage. I hope she starts to feel better soon.

Jane, you must be exhausted. Make sure you take care of yourself too please.

I have spoken with Christobel and she says she trusts me to continue treating Lizzie for GI stasis without having to stress her out further by taking her to the surgery.
Lizzie is now responding to treatment and although not 'well' she is improving.
Once Lizzie has gotten over this crisis we will embark on some diagnostics to see what the underlying cause may be.

Lizzie was so flat and cold during the night and went all floppy when I picked her up :cry: She was also lying in her wee which is something she would never normally do. I just hope I can get her through this and then that we can find out what the underlying problem is.

Janex

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time right now with your bunnies. Sending lots of healing vibes for Lizzie and strengthe ones for you xxxx

Back