• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit's Toys?

Sox

Warren Scout
Just wondered if anyone could recommend any good toys for Sox?
Anything you may have had and what NOT to get?

I dont want to go out and just get anything as i dont want him hurting himself or nibbling something she shouldnt.

Thanks in advance. :)

untreated willow sticks, small willow balls and willow baskets all go down well here. Some people have had problems with rabbits getting their heads stuck when willow balls unravel, so if to be left unsupervised, you'd be best with the smaller ones.

Cardboard loo/kitchen rolls stuffed with hay, cardboard boxes, different types of hay and those large cardboard tunnels you can buy are all popular here.:D

Thanks guys, i didnt realise they could have loo rolls and things like that :)

Where do you get willowsticks from, or do petshops sell them?

Do they eat the cardboard?

Claire

Bamboo shredders, also known as chinese-finger-traps.. I have gone through tons of different toys with Crue in such a short time, and these are BY FAR his favorite! He tosses them, shreds them, oh he just loves them!!!

cruebun8.jpg

cruebun10.jpg

Most pet shops sell a 'natural range' of toys, even my local small petstore has willow in.:)

Also, apple and pear tree branches are good if you know of anyone who has an orchard, but they mustn't be sprayed, and peach, plum, cherry are among the poisonous ones.;)

I've exhausted all avenues where toys are concerned ! :lol:

Mine now have drainage pipes, cardboard boxes or tubes, hanging acrylic and wooden parrot toys, budgie bells, bounce back bunnies, russel rabbit balls and an assortment of cat toys with bells in.

About once a month they'll get a willow ball or sticks which last about five minutes!

By far the all time favourite is Flip and Toss Carrots!!! There nice and cheap too! You can buy them off ebay for a little bit extra...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLIP-N-TOSS-C...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are all the ones we've tried so far

Loo rolls filled with hay & treats
A metal feed ball that you put veg in, he has 2 work really hard to get at it, then he chucks the ball around
Willow sticks & balls
A margerine tub with a bell in it
2 small knitted bunnys, that he puts in his mouth & runs around with, camply....I think I have a gay rabbit :lol:
A 1m tunnel
Plastic bottles. He chucks them & pushes them around.

You realise quite quickly wether they're into something or not. I really enjoy thinking of & making stuff for him.
Here's a link to some toy info http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/budgettoys.asp
Have fun :D

Mine have loads of toys but one of their favorite's is an old C.D. with a bit of veg stuffed through the hole like a babycorn or bit of carrot, so it stands up like a spinning top. Mine dont chew the cd but I do recomend watching them just incase they do.

Back