• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think she might be have bunnies soon???

kabes_20

New Kit
I have a female bunny that I think is about to have a litter of bunnies soon, she has made up her nest. Is there anything I should do? I just want her to be ok.

I have had them for four weeks now and I thought they were sisters (I was told that they were). When I was holding one of them I noticed that 1 was a boy. they are about 6-8 months old - they have been split up now

Last edited:
Hiya,

The most important thing is to separate them, if you haven't already. Rabbits can get pregnant straight after giving birth so if the male is still in with her you'll have a second litter on the way in four weeks time.

All you can do is make sure the area around her nest is quiet and she has food and water. She'll do the rest. Try to disturb her as little as possible.

If you're lucky it could just be a phantom pregnancy in which case she'll abandon the nest in a few days.

Tam

Yes they have been split up and in there own cages now, what are the sings that she might be going into labor??
She keeps licking her private parts.

Sounds likely she'll be pregnant - they usually give birth soon after making a nest, and usually go off their food just prior to birth. If you want to check the nest, wear gloves and rub them in her wee and poo first, so that you don't leave a scent on the babies. If she has babies then give her unlimited food, lots of calcium rich greens (assuming she's used to eating them already - otherwise best not incase it upsets her stomach), hay and plenty of water to drink. Rabbits generally only visit their babies once or twice a day for a few minutes - she's not neglecting them as rabbit milk is super nourishing and they only need one feed of it a day - It's a tactic designed to lead predators away from the nest. Hope it turns out OK :)

Last edited:
you can check the nest any time, but try not to disturb it too much, wear gloves, and rub them in her wee and poo first so the babies won't smell human.

Just to add, I would avoid touching them altogether while they are in the nest unless abcolutely necessary. Have a peek while mum is distracted to check they are alive and if there are any that have died remove them, or if one is out of the nest put it back (haveing rubbed your hands in litter) but otherwise leave alone! Mums do not generally like having their babies handled.

how do i no if my rabbit is ahveing babies

elo all i won to no if my rabbit is haveing babies it is makeing a nest and its fat and when i mean fat :D can u let me no about rabbits

:wave: Hi Liam ...It maybe more helpful to you if you start a new thread so things don't get confused on this one with you and Kabes-20 :D

elo all i won to no if my rabbit is haveing babies it is makeing a nest and its fat and when i mean fat :D can u let me no about rabbits

Yes Liam you have responded on a really old thread, I would start a new thread being a bit more specific about what you would like to know apart from your rabbit being fat! You must have an idea if she has been with a male rabbit or not:?

Back