PDA

View Full Version : horses hay nets

BUBBLES
26-06-2007, 04:43 PM
i was wondering if could use them for rabbits

if i tie it up so its not on the floor but they could still eat the hay out of it

they have got them in tescos for just under 2 pound

FriskyClover
26-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Personally, I wouldn't. The holes are really big and even if they are tied up off the floor, I wouldn't put it past an enterprising bunny to get themself stuck in it.

You could try a hay rack or a roll-in-the-hay ball, they're more bunny friendly.

BUBBLES
26-06-2007, 07:23 PM
i was just thinking that

at the mo they have got a cat bed each full of hay

chloaster
26-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I use them and I haven't had a bun get caught up in them yet - although when I had one in with Jenny, Jerry, Seb and Cole I did lose a baby bun and found him asleep hidden in the hay in the net.

Willow_Warren
26-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I can't remember how now, but I have made my own hay nets out of bailing twine! Need to save up quite a bit though and don't cut the twine but intie it at the knots (so you get nice long pieces!). Well that was about 15 years ago - learnt how on a pony week!

BUBBLES
26-06-2007, 07:34 PM
awwww bless :lol: :lol:

i have bin thinking about it for ages

Willow_Warren
26-06-2007, 07:37 PM
What's more I've just opened my "keeping a pony" book - and found the instructions in there. :oops: (I can never throw a book away!)

Tamsin
26-06-2007, 07:39 PM
A metal hanging basket (or half circle one) makes a good hay rack. I'm not sure about the horse nets incase they try eating them ;)

cheekytikki
26-06-2007, 08:24 PM
this is my hayrack , it is a long outside hanging basket (just screws on the wall)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/K9saxo/rabbits001.jpg

it only cost a few quid and is big enough for my two squish butss to get in easily :D i used a sheet of that weld mesh stuff and cable tied it on the inside just to make sure no bunny heads went in the gaps and got stuck (although i might be paranoid :? )

i would recomend them 100% i love my hay rack :D :oops:

BB Mommy
26-06-2007, 08:28 PM
You can get the hay nets with small holes, but I use mine just to store the hay in their sheds - I was worried they might eat the net!
I've used the half wall baskets before - they were good, but now I just put it on the floor for them!

BUBBLES
26-06-2007, 09:16 PM
this is my hayrack , it is a long outside hanging basket (just screws on the wall)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/K9saxo/rabbits001.jpg

it only cost a few quid and is big enough for my two squish butss to get in easily :D i used a sheet of that weld mesh stuff and cable tied it on the inside just to make sure no bunny heads went in the gaps and got stuck (although i might be paranoid :? )

i would recomend them 100% i love my hay rack :D :oops:

i really like that

thats a brill idea :thumb: :thumb:

Angie65
27-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't even use them for my horse, after I found him one day laid on his back with one leg stuck in the air trapped in it:shock: He was so lucky not to break his leg.

I think buns would chew through it anyway to be honest. Metal ones would be best:D