• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floods.

tracyuk

Mama Doe
Was chatting to one of the year 1 children at school today and he was teeling me his piggie had died in yesterdays floods. I was later telling a supply teacher about this and she said her friends bunny escaped, went down a hole and that too died. This has made me feel so sad and wonder how many other little animals died in those awful floods.
I want us to spare a thought to all those animals and just hope they did not suffer too much.
Run free little ones.
Tracy

This did actually cross my mind when seeing the pics of the flooded gardens on the news. I wonder how many poor little piggies and buns sitting in hutches in the bottom of the garden's got forgotten about during the panic of the floods.
So awful the damage and devastation this rainfall has caused to so many people :(

I thought about this too. Poor little animals:( I was watching the program on ITV earlier about the floods and they showed a rabbit in his hutch on top of the garage:( He looked so sad.

This is the first thing I actually thought of when I saw all the floods and I was discussing it last night with my b/f :cry:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor bunny left in his/her hutch on a GARAGE :shock: Why couldn't they bring the bun inside???!!!!

Bless them :cry:

We thiught about this too. Me and the other half rescued a starnded kray fish (called Ronnie) who is now living in a tank until the water has slowed enough to let him go.

We are so sad :oops:

Me & Mick were talking about it. I live on a hill, so ok, but am quite close to where people have been evacuated from.

I have 22 buns here at present. If they couldn't be evacuated with me, I would've stayed with them.

it was the first thing that crossed my mind too - i would do the same, retreat upstairs with them although thankfully i live on a hill too

my friends were telling me this morning that some cows in darton died in the floods :( and some horses were also at risk. thankfully this morning when the train went past the fields all the horses looked happy enough and there were no more floods

The sun was cracking the slabs here early this morning but it's now pouring buckets! Fortunately I got my runs covered before it started!

Binky free buns and piggies :cry:
I am rather sad, in the fact of if it was ever raining that much they would come in - even if I am at work my mum would make sure of it...
and I dont very often let them sleep in their hutch when its raining - actually I dont make them sleep in it full stop:roll: :lol:

If it happened here, i would be straight on the phone to my mum, even if it ment i would have to jorney across town and bring my three back to my flat temporary so be it.....

fingers crossed they all didnt suffer to much, and any death was quick and as painless as possible :(

Back