• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny off to the vets for the first time!

vicky206

Mama Doe
He is due to the vets on thursday at 4! i have booked 1/2 day off work as i dont know how long it will take to get him in the carrier! i hope it does not upset him too much because he has settled in really well! do vets upset them alot? the vet i am taking him to is an excellent surgery so i know they are experienced! he will have a check up and check he is actually a he and have his mixi jab! please give advice on vets affecting buns! :wave:

Hi!

I'm a new owner too, I got Pye about mid May, took him to the vets about a week after for his VHD jab and I was petrified!!

He didn't enjoy it, made sure he let me know by digging his claws into me when she gave the injection!! he was in a huff with me for the rest of the night even with the bribery of treats but was back to his normal manic self the next day.

He's just had his manhood removed on Friday, took him till Sunday to get back to himself and he's still a bit huffy with me but the treats are helping more this time!!

Think it depends on the bun!

I took Shadow for his Myxi jab + a general health check 2 days after I got him, but he just took it in his stride - he's a very confident bunny and doesn't seem to be phased by anything!

I took Kitten in a week after I'd got her for her Myxi jab and she was petrified :( It took her a few days to get over it and she's bounding around now, but little does she know she's going in for her HVD on Saturday, bless her!!

Back