• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch situation U/D with pics

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Right, i have a problem..... my boys are now bonded so therefore share the same hutch. which is Jazz's its about 4 1/2 ft and 2 and i a bit wide (dont lecture me please as I already know), with a wider run at the bottom. would this be ok for 2 bunnies just over night as for the rest of the day they have acses to an 18/19ft enclosure with tunnels grass and a digging area etc they have this all day and only get put in when it starts to get dark, they would only be in the hutch over night. they have been for the past couple of days and seem fine.

Last edited:
Could you not attatch it to the enclosure so they can have 24 hour access? I always go by the standard that if its safe enough for day then its safe enough for night :D

Could you put the hutch in the enclosure - or isn't is secure?

With that amount of space the hutch size is fine - all the really need is someto sleep and shelter from the rain.

The only reason I ask about linking the hutch to enclosure is rabbits tend to be activate early/late so that's a good time for them to have access to space if poss :)

Tam

My rabbits live in their run 24/7 but you do need to make sure foxes can't dig into it or the rabbits dig out - but if it's safe for the day it should be ok for the night as long as it's predator proof.

Otherwise, it sounds like your rabbits are happy with their life and you can only do the best you can do, yes ideally a larger hutch would be best but no hutch is big enough to allow rabbits to hop, skip and jump around - an attached run is always better in my opinion.

The hutch is in the enclosure, they have acses to their hutch when ever they want to, im just worried about them digging out at night or something like that. (even though there is tiles around the outside)

i will get a pic in a bit

Heres some pics:

Picture352.jpg

Picture354.jpg

Picture351.jpg

Back