• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Captain Jack - *argh*

pepperpots

Alpha Buck
He truly is an escaping rabbit.

I stupidly underestimated him and he managed to get out of his run (in my office), onto my desk and out of my window onto the kitchen roof (7 foot high onto patio) - which he then jumped off. I managed to catch him in the garden (phew) and rushed him to the vets just in case). He was fine, but has split his lip. I felt soooooo guilty - the window is now tightly shut at all times! The vets were lovely and didn't charge me. I think they could see that I was more in shock than the rabbit!

He also keeps escaping into my office, so I have started a new technique - let him think he has escaped then get him used to coming and getting treats from me, then letting him carry on playing. This seems to be working quite well and hopefully means if he escapes properly in the future he will be easier to catch.

He's a fiesty thing, full of binkies and licks.

Dice (Binky) has also been rehomed. I will get some more info on his new owners tomorrow hopefully.

I have also got four foster rats coming to say with me from Pet Rescue till September. Also I think I am going to have to have one of my gorgeous boy rats PTS tomorrow, as his ongoing resp disease isn't responing at all to antibiotics.:cry:

Back