• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day to Neuter Set.. Worried?!

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
Well we have set our date for Crue's neuter procedure for next week. However as it gets closer and closer the more I am worrying!! The veterinarian we are going to is by recommendation and is a member of the House Rabbit Society, however they were quick to let us know that it was a riskier procedure than a cat or dog. (This I know, but it's so much more REAL when your vet tells it to your face, you know?)

Is there anything I should expect or do? Any kind of treat or food I should prepare? What should I expect the night of recovery, and how long does it take them to snap out of it?

Now I'm just plain spazzy about it.. :?

Well we have set our date for Crue's neuter procedure for next week. However as it gets closer and closer the more I am worrying!! The veterinarian we are going to is by recommendation and is a member of the House Rabbit Society, however they were quick to let us know that it was a riskier procedure than a cat or dog. (This I know, but it's so much more REAL when your vet tells it to your face, you know?)

Is there anything I should expect or do? Any kind of treat or food I should prepare? What should I expect the night of recovery, and how long does it take them to snap out of it?

Now I'm just plain spazzy about it.. :?

My boy acted like nothing had happened! :lol: He looked a little sheepish for a while but that was about it. It's a MUCH simpler operation for males than it is females. Basically you just need to make sure he starts eating *something* afterwards. If he doesn't want his normal hay/pellets/veggies try tempting him with dandelion leaves or something equally 'tasty' :)

I was really worried when Buttons went for his ut it was fine honastly and i worried over nothing.

We just took a portion of his normal food in with him and his water bottle. When he got home he was still abit quiet but i tempted him with a treat and within the hour of coming home he gobbled it up fast. He even started eating hay over night, something he never does so that was fantastic and by next morning he was back to normal, no worries at all:D

Bed him on nice soft fleece or towels, we used an old quilt cover and kept him out the run for days to let him rest properaly. You should just keep an eye to make sure he starts pooing and weeing by the morning but again Buttons had done this and was fine.

Goodluck for his neuter:D

Eeek, we've moved the appointment to this Thursday as the vet had an opening.. I figure no time like the present? :roll:

Back