• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When are your bunnies most active?

Jocelyn

Mama Doe
I've always read that bunnies are crespuscular - most active at dawn and dusk..

Shadow seems to be most active at about 10pm then at 3am [when he decides he wants to full-on sprint around the room binkying :lol: ] The rest of his time is either spent eating, going to the loo, lazing about or tending to important bunny business [chewing up boxes, throwing stuff around a bit and trying to get into mischief! :)]

When are yours most active or does it just vary from bun to bun?

They seem to have adapted to me:oops: I'd say 7pm-11pm. If I go in during the day unexpectedly, they are always dozing or sprawled out:lol:

Everytime I go down to shed they are at the door expecting something to eat!:roll: Although when I go down in the afternoon they leave a little warm hole in the hay so you can tell they have been sleeping!:lol:

i start hearing loud banging and breakfast demands around 5.30am but i ignore it until 6am. any later than 7am and all hell breaks loose :lol:

when i'm off work i notice that the lazy things snooze all day and im always convinced they are ill when really they just dont do anything during the day :lol:

they start to perk up again around 6.30pm which, no co-incidence or anything :lol: , is when i come home from work. they settle around 11pm although we have the odd very early morning (2am etc) loony running up and down stairs trick. neighbours so far havent complained :lol:

I would say 10 p.m. and then 5 a.m.

Mine have the run of the garage all evening, I'm often in and out doing washing etc.. and they are always snoozing, then when I go to put them away at 10 p.m. I feel awful cos they are zooming around and want to stay out to play.

Then at 5 a.m. on the dot, my hubbie is woken up every morning with the sound of the cat flap going in the garage (our bedroom is above the garage)! oops! :lol:

I'd say about 7.30 - 8.30 when i let them out. During the day they are very lazy and then in the evening at about 6.30 onwards til bedtime they become active again. It seems to be directly linked to going out in the garden!!!

Bertie has adapted to us. We wake at 6, & hear him around 6.30. He's usually up and about until I go out at 9. Some days I pop home in the afternoon, for a couple of hours and he gets up again then, and then from 6 - 11 evening.

He used to have his own routine, but basically, as long as someone's here, he'll be up & around. The wierd thing is that he seems to know when it's the week-end, and that we're around much more, and shows us that he's really happy. I guess it's cos he has the run of the place when we're in.

He's also started eating when we eat....
As he's only got us as an example ( poor thing!) and no other buns, I presume he does as we do!

I never thought that they could be so clever.

Hee :)

I always feel awful during the week when I go to work and put Shadow in. He has a BIG cage but when I put him in as I leave for work he always rattles on the bars and makes me feel SO guilty [Kitten has started picking up on this too! :roll: ]. The thing is if I'm off work or it's a weekend and his cage door is open - he'll just be lazing about at that time anyway! :roll:

I think both of mine vary... as Jamie gets quite annoyed with Kitt when she 'goes on one'.

Jamie is very active, and loves sprinting around the room mid afternoon to late evening. And Kitt loves waking us up at 3:45ish EVERY morning... no rest for the wicked hey, lol.

Mine tend to laze around or graze during the day but around 7.30pm they usually get more active right up until they get brought in around 10pm.

My 2 start jumping all over me in bed at around 6am, but I can usually ignor them till 8.30, unless they decide that they want to play 'sit on mummys head till she feeds us'. Its at that point that I wish I had a cage for them :roll:

Then they do nothing all day till about 9pm when they go really hyper untill fed againg at 11pm ish.

Back