• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Kovu is not poorly lololololololol

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hello.

My Kovu was rushed to the vets last night, he wasn't interested in his tea and was lying down. I brought him in, but after a bit of infacol and metacam, he didn't seem to respond, other than a lot of tummy noise, he was alert and would move around but he kept lying down (not a Kovu trait, he's into everything).

I took him up the emergency vets and after a really lengthy wait (people with cats and dogs kept being allowed in front of me). The vet said that she could feel some inpactation of soft poo's and something else, got to be honest I was paranoid it was some more hair, but she said it felt attached to something like a lump. She kept him in over night, so he could be treated with fluids and meds, but said the chances of him surviving the night was unlikely. I got back at two this morning and got to be honest I was terrified of ringing vets when I got up, as it was the Delilah thing all over again.

Anyway I called a bit after seven and he has survived the night! She said he started eating about thirty minutes after treatment and started to poo an hour before I rang, although poo's aren't completely normal, but the stuff that she could feel is still there and they've had a closer look at it and she it's a tumour or she said it could be an inflammation of the wall, but it is soft tissue not a blockage.

He's being transfer to a bunny savvy vets this morning so they can investigate, as she said she said the gut the problems are a symptom of the mass.

He didn't want to stay at the vets he was so upset about being left, he was snuggled right up to me and when she went to take him away, he started fighting her and she called him a nasty rabbit :cry: :cry: , although I can't moan about her as she's done very well to keep him alive and bring him back round :D .

Please send my little man lots of vibes.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I've some pm's I'll reply in a bit when I've done some work.

Last edited:
awww poor Kovu :cry: I hope he can pull through and get better, what a worry for you!. sending lots of healing vibes to Kovu and hugs to you xxx

Thanks everyone, I am very emotional today, but I didn't get much sleep at all. I've spoke to the vets he's been transfered to, he's not been there long, he's had a poo and something to eat, they're waiting for the lump to be examined. I don't know if I choose the right vets now, I should of had him sent to mine. God my poor little boy

OH Tree, I am so, SO sorry to hear this......you must be SO upset and worried!!! ::HUGE hugs::

Sending LOADS of good vibes to poor Kovu......I hope SO much that it is just an inflammation that can be made right with some anti-inflammatories.:(

<<<<<<<<<<*Good Vibes*Good Vibes*Good Vibes*Good Vibes*Good Vibes*Good Vibes*>>>>>>>>>>>

hope hes a bit better soon healing vibes being sent

may be you need to go home and spend the rest of the day there at least then you can have your lovley bun around you

Oh Tree ! Sending lots of healing and positive vibes for Kovu and masses of supportive hugs for you. Thinking of you xx

Back