• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This makes me happy...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
When I bought my first rabbit, Chloe, I didn't want her to live alone and, owing to my lack of knowledge, I purchased the guinea pig which lived with her in the pet shop.

After joining this forum I realised that maybe that wasn't the best arrangement, therefore I had to either purchase a new hutch for the little fella... or find another home for him. The decision was really difficult, but I decided that, owing to my lack of knowledge of the animals, It would be in Tyro (guinea pigs) best interest if I found him a suitable home.

I found the rabbit rehome site and saw a section for guinea pigs... so I entered Tyro's details and the offers flooded in. I stated I didn't want anything for him, other than the promise of a new home.

Eventually I chose a gentleman called Graeme who's daughter has 2 guinea pigs already and who takes her down to Birmingham for shows... he promised me that Tyro would be given the best home, and that he would keep me updated.... and here he is, 2 weeks after leaving me (I've posted this a little late, lol... but it makes me smile seeing him with his new friends)...

ty.jpg

Ty is the black and white rex on the left....Isn't that adorable =] xx

I'm so glad he did too.

I just automatically thought that rabbits and guinea pigs could live well together, and it was only until I joined this forum that I saw the disadvantages of the partnership... and with the size difference with him and Chloe, there would most definately have been an injury caused should she have ever mounted him.

I'm so happy for him though, he definately looks like 'one of the boys' :lol:

He looks chuffed. I reckon you did the right thing rehoming him. :-D

Thank you :D, I definately think I do now.

I think I purchased him in a moment of sympathy... he was the only piggie in with about 4 rabbits, yet was sat behind Chloe. I didn't know nothing about piggies, but Hawys did. Still, when Chloe got ill I realised that, because Piggies can't be insured, we'd be potentially looking at loads of vet bills... as no one would have insured Chloe for the problems she had, had she survived.

I bet he is really happy, and the guy who has him keeps in touch too... maybe one day he'll be a show winner =]

Selflessness is truly rewarding, and his face must tell you that you've done the right thing. He's gonna be soooo much happier now :D

Back