• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Hutch

lynseybrown

Warren Scout
Hi All:wave:
Now Daisys been spayed and seems to have fully recovered shes going to start her vaccs so once there done she can have a husbun my question is what do you all think of the lavender lodge hutch from p@h?? or does anyone know of anywhere where i can get a hutch that would be suitable for 2 bunns? i dont really want one with a run attached as ive got a huge run already thanx:D

Really glad to hear Daisy has recovered from her spay. :D :D The hutch looks nice. The dimensions were in metric ( sorry I'm old imperial school).:rolleyes: if I've done my sums right is it approx 5ft x 2.6x 2? If so is this big enough for your buns, I' don't know what you have ( sorry if you've already posted that somewhere ).

Daisys living indoors at the moment but as shes going to be getting a friend they will be living outside. Shes a Netherland dwarf. I know that you arnt supposed to get them done before they are vaccinated but i didnt know that until i came on here and id already booked the time off work after her op which i had to beg for just as well really cause i had a few days that it was touch and go with her:roll: but hopefully ill be doing the right thing getting her vaccinated now anyways even if it way the wrong way around

Daisys living indoors at the moment but as shes going to be getting a friend they will be living outside. Shes a Netherland dwarf. I know that you arnt supposed to get them done before they are vaccinated but i didnt know that until i came on here and id already booked the time off work after her op which i had to beg for just as well really cause i had a few days that it was touch and go with her:roll: but hopefully ill be doing the right thing getting her vaccinated now anyways even if it way the wrong way around

Sorry If sounded as if I was getting at you, I didnt mean it that way. I just wondered if it was a possibility to get them done that way. Obviously your vet would've said other wise if he disagreed.

As well as the dimensions, you need to take into account what the hutch is made from. Plywood is totally unsuitable and would get soggy and damp in the current weather conditions :cry: I'm speaking form experience as I had to throw away a plywood hutch. Proper tongue and groove wood is much better.

The hutch is made out of tongue and groove and is about 5ft by 2ft by 2ft. I dont think its recommened to get rabbits done before they have their vaccs but i had it done that way due to the work situation. i would have had the vaccs done first otherwise.

Is your run big enough to house a hutch? If it's only a shelter and the rabbits will spend most of their time in the run then you can get away with a smaller hutch, but if they are going to be shut up in it at all then obviously you'll need a minimum of 5ft. Best thing is to check with the rescue you're intending to get your rabbit from as each rescue does have its own requirements.

Best place to find a hutch is ebay. The rabbit hutch shop does T&G hutches I believe that are good. Cannonwoman on here has Lavendar Lodge hutches so you could pm her and see if she rates them. Enjoy finding your rabbit a friend :)

I am also looking for a large hutch for my Charlotte she will be spayed on 16th July and then i want to get her a husban when she is feeling better. I looked today at the same hutch! Its good value at £99.

I also saw a fab hugh one called a 'Birchgrove' it was bigger and seemed far stronger. PAH only had 1 display one so i didn't get it, but I will be calling them in the week to see if they have got a new one in. There is a downside its £179.99.

I think its well worth giving her the extra room especially with the weather at the mo. She doesn't want to go out when its damp.

My 6 year old son joked that he would fit in the bedroom and he was actually right!!! He is actually a lot bigger than the average 6 year old as my husband is 6ft, 3. I buy him clothes for a 8 year old. So you can imagine the bedroom is large!

The hutch was approx 6ft long and 2.5ft wide x 2.5 high, the size of a single bed!! Lovely for 2 Buns!!

I've purchased both of my hutches/indoor home from pet shops. But I think ebay have a good selection, it's usually postage that's extortionate.

postage for mine from ebay was only £10, it came all built up and i could put it straight out in the garden to be used, There is a good selection on thier, I was going to get one from p@h but i thought they were a bit expensive for a decent one.

Back