• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cant find stockist of this hay, Lancashire people help!

AliBenMummy

Mama Doe
Hi there,

I recently bought a large paper bag full of "Premium Meadow Hay" from a pet shop in Kendal. My buns absolutely go mad for it and have almost finished the bag off. Thing is, I'm not too local to Kendal and I've tried to find out other stockists of this hay and wondered if other Lancashire peeps had come across it before. I buy all sorts of lovely (and expensive) hay from The Hay Experts but they absolutely love this stuff.

The label says "Grown and Cut in Lancashire Juy 2006", "Contents and packaging recyclable, supporting Tree Aid and The Tree Council". Theres no web address either, so short of me going to Kendal every few weeks and filling my boot with the stuff, is there anyone who has seen this? I've looked at the Tree Aid and Tree Council webites but can't find anything. :?

Gemma xx

Last edited:
I'd like to know too. Why not ring where you got it from and ask for the supplier? Otherwise I tend to either order the cheap meadown hay from the hayexperts or buy a bale from a farm shop (which I guess counts as local hay :lol: )

Hi Kayjay,

I've tried them with the Hay Experts meadow hay and I use the local stuff from the garage as well. It doesn't go down as well with my three though, they do eat it but reluctantly and definately not as much. This tree council stuff gets munched straight away! :D

I'll give the pet shop a call, not sure if they'll tell me who their supplier is 'cause they'll lose my business.

Gemma xx

Lie and say you bought it when on holiday and your rabbits love it so much you'd like to continue buying it

Just called the pet shop and they're the only ones that stock it. A friend of theirs packs it for them and supplies only to them. It seems I may have to fill my boot every few weeks. Surely the farm must sell to other places? A field full of hay can't just be sold in one shop? :?

Gemma xx

Have you got a farm shop near to you? I borrowed some hay off a friend who lives on a farm and the buns have gone mad for that hay. Perhaps it's just cos it's fresh and local?

I did find this site but I don't think that's helpful, it's the farm you need to know the name of http://www.treecouncil.org.uk/

I had a look on that site but couldn't see anything.

Theres loads of farm shops around and about but I've never seen any hay sold there. I might have a ring round today and see if I can get some to try. I get my bedding hay from the local garage and thats local hay (I think).

can you take a pic of the packaging ?

We might be able to track it down as we have good contacts in the Hay industry.

I've finally managed to get a picture of the label...sorry its not great. :oops:

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

There was no point taking a picture of the packaging becaue it was jut a brown paper bag with string for handles...

Hope you can help! :D

Back