• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny room almost complete - they've moved in already!

Bunnymonster

Warren Scout
I've been wanting to convert my lean-to on the side of the kitchen into a bunny room since I first got Ben in November. Now, after some very hard work from a good friend, a new roof, new floor and a bit of a clear out, we have a watertight servicable room.

It's 1.5m x 3m and they are loving it :D

Before: The dumping ground
DSCF0211.jpg

During: Inspection time
DSCF0282.jpg

After: Home sweet home
DSCF0289.jpg

Would you like to come round for dinner?
DSCF0292.jpg

Looks really nice, well done! Where did you get that huge litter tray? I am looking for a bigger one, but then Snoopy would probably pee over the edge of that one. :rolleyes:

Looks really nice, well done! Where did you get that huge litter tray? I am looking for a bigger one, but then Snoopy would probably pee over the edge of that one. :rolleyes:

It's actually a big seed tray from Homebase. It's not quite in the corner at the moment, so Ben manages to back up a bit too far and pee over the edge, but normally it is adequate enough for his petite botty, as long as he can feel a wall or something behind him!

(and it's only tidy because you cant see above the shelf. The mess has just been lifted higher!)

Last edited:
I've just come home from work after their first day all alone in it and they both came running over to the door for attention! I've never seen them so happy :D Ben's been up and down all the stacks of boxes just to be nosey and Lily wont stop coming over for hugs and cuddles. She has really come out of herself since she's moved in. She used to be a bit timid and nervey - especially about climbing, but she's been clambering over my lap and onto the roof of their "burrow". i'm so happy that the plan worked and they enjoy it as much as I wanted them to!!!

What a fun bun room! Perchance, where did you get that tube laying across the room? I have seen a lot lately and wondering where you are getting them all? I have never seen anything like that around over in the States, or maybe I'm just being ignorant? :rolleyes:

I'm loving that room, and I'm betting your bunnies do too :D

I can't wait til I leave uni and find a better place with Hawys, I'm hoping to have some kind of utility room that the babies can have.. that'd be awesome.

xx

that is fab! I like the burrow thing with the circular hole - that looks really good as a bolt hole for house buns :D it's so nice to see buns that still have tons of space even when some is taken up with their toys :D

Back