• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She's peeing on my sofa!

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Andy and I are looking after Tammy at the mo, aka Snorty Pants, and she started peeing on our living room sofa so we confined her to the kitchen and conservatory (she didn't just do it when we weren't looking she did it in front of us) - she then took to peeing on our conservatory furniture at night so we locked her in her cage last night for the first time - this morning she was in a right strop going for my ankles and throwing stuff around. Anyway, went up the garden to feed the other rabbits and by the time I got back she'd pee'd on the furniture - How do I change this course of behaviour??? I actually caught her doing it and put her in her cage mid flow last night so she knows :shock: :shock: :roll:

Any ideas cos my cushions are looking abit minging :mrgreen:

yeah some buns just love doing this :roll: Darcy used to pee on the sofa constantly and i was forever washing it. Everytime he did it I would put the cushion on the floor (shove the cover in w/machine) and hand clean the cushion pad with Febreeze Pet as this kills their scent. I would leave it on the floor so he could smell and see that it was unacceptable. Then I started using a throw as easier to clean - but then after a few months I noticed that when i didn't use the throw - he didn't pee on the sofa. :roll: So that was a result but it did take a lonnnnnnnnng time.

My take on it is that its a bit of dominance thing - if it smells to strongly of you they want to make sure you know they're are the boss and scent it with themselves..:roll:

I never managed to stop him peeing on my bed tho:shock: :roll: Altho I've noticed during house moves that when I sleep on cushions on the floor - he approves of that and sleeps along side me but never wee on the cushions or bedding! Something about beds being high up maybe?? who knows!:roll: :lol:

Thanks Romy, I'll grab hold of a throw and see it that helps - blooming rabbit!! :rolleyes: - If it doesn't work do they do bunny nappies :? :lol:

Thanks Romy, I'll grab hold of a throw and see it that helps - blooming rabbit!! :rolleyes: - If it doesn't work do they do bunny nappies :? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Another thing I did was i would watch him and say "I'm watching that tail, no wee wees" of course you can't always be there. But when I did say this to him and watch him, he seemed to understand because he would a tiny binky and not wee. He is a so and so for attention!!:lol: :lol:

Cover the furniture or block it off and then IGNORE the behaviour. It sounds like a classic learrnt response to me originally borne out of frustration or territorial behaviour which has now become a behaviour that is utilised solely for the response you give. Don't look at her, don't respond and if she does it in front of you or you come back to find it, do nothing, ignore it and clean it up later. She's trying to get your attention.

TJ used to do this intermittently. As my sofa wasnt washable, it was impossible to remove the traces and of course the smell encouraged him to go back to the spot and repeat. He also used to love to chew piping on the couch:D Hes such a good boy generally, that I just put throws across it and still let him free range.

Gosh - this is an old thread! I don't think Tammy ever got the hang of being a house bun but she has happily been outside with the fat fluffs for about three years now and is a house rabbit today .... she's in the bathroom meeting some new friends with the other kids ....

(Tammy is the grey and white dutch / lop in the middle)

DSC_0045.jpg

Gosh - this is an old thread! I don't think Tammy ever got the hang of being a house bun but she has happily been outside with the fat fluffs for about three years now and is a house rabbit today .... she's in the bathroom meeting some new friends with the other kids ....

(Tammy is the grey and white dutch / lop in the middle)

DSC_0045.jpg

Wow thats a lot of bunnies!!:shock:
Is there 12? I think thats how many I counted.
I'd love to have a big bunny group:love::love:

Back