• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely Girl at Local Shelter..

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
Whilst we have appointments made for Crue to be neutered, we have been contemplating a female friend for him in the months to come, or even next year, and I have been browsing just for fun...

Anywho, I came across this girl at our local adoption center! I wasn't even really *looking* looking, and look what I find! She is gorgeous! I'm going to go take a peek at her while I am on my lunch break, but I think it is MUCH too soon to be bringing another rabbit home so soon, as much as I know I already would like to adopt her.

Anywho, take a gander!

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7596152

Though I'm not so sure she is as "Small" as they are listing her.. her build is so blocky that I'm sure she isn't a "small" rabbit. She looks to be at least 6 to 10 lbs, wouldn't you think?

She's a lovely girl and I'm sure she'd look even lovelier cuddling next to Cruebun but I think its way too soon to be thinking about adding another addition just yet.

Nothing like torturing yourself :lol:

Last edited:
Awwww she looks lovely. But I do agree with you, she doesn't seem 'small'.

That's part of the reason I'm going to look at her.. unfortunately it is just the county shelter, and not a rabbit-savvy center. They have all their buns listed as "Bunny Rabbits" :shock: I can tell they have a couple of lops, a dutch, and then this girl.. she doesn't look like a mini rex even. She looks to be more of a monster than Crue! :lol:

She is quite stocky, but beautiful. Maybe Crue will like the better endowed Doe. :lol: :lol:

I think it'd be fine to get her nowish whilst you wait for Crue to be ready, as others have said you can bond with her too then.

Our appointment is set for the end of next month.. IF (and this is big big big big big If!! hah!!) we adopt this gal, would Crue's behavior change? sensing a female in the house?

Could you keep them in seperate rooms? I don't think it would really. I got Faline when Molly had only been neutered for two weeks. I kept Faline in my bedroom and Molly in the living room (where they now both live) and let them have short supervised sightings of each other through some weld mesh. I didn't notice any changes in his behaviour, other than the obvious neutering ones. i.e. He stopped circling feet and giving off that weird smell of onions and bo. lol.

This was there first meeting.

nm4.jpg

My darkest main concern would be that I would get her and Crue have his neutering go perfect, have them introduced, and end up with two buns who hate each other. I don't have living quarters big enough to happily house two SEPARATE house rabbits, but more than enough room to house two together. Our main part of the house is where Crue has runabout and its huge.. other than that, we have the spare room (Chinchilla room), the Bathroom, and our Bedroom! :lol:

Leaving to go look at her now!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Last edited:
Turns out she was an average sized Mini Rex! And completely skitters :cry: You could barely touch the top of her head without her spazzing.. whoever previously had her must have never socialized her or even PET her for goodness sake! And she didn't look much like the picture either.. very very light chestnut red in person, she looks more steely-brown in the picture. She was a beautiful girl though!

Its sad how unfriendly she is though.. I didn't dare try to pick her up :shock:

We will be keeping our eyes open.. I know Anthony will have his heart set on a Flemish (Men.. :roll: ) but I'm just looking for a nice girl. I was interested in searching for a Conti as well but there aren't many in the midwestern part of the states..

Like I said, we are in no hurry :lol: I just happened to come across this gal by "Accident". :rolleyes:

Back