• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dougal not right U/D he's fine

nicole

Mama Doe
He does not want anything to eat, and has peed on himself.

So I've given him Infacol and a tummy rub. Put him down on the floor to runabout and it looks like he's straining to pee pee. Bum goes out and the tail goes up and nothing:shock: :shock: Now he's lying on the floor.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm sure someone will be along to advise you very soon. I'm sorry to hear your news and hope Dougal feels better soon.

Well he's straining to pee pee, done two wee drops. Have brought them in for the night and will be seeing the vet tomorrow.

Last time he just had gas but has never been having difficulty doing a pee pee.
Mmmmmm ec possibly, or a sludgy bladder (but pee pee was a normal colour not cloudy at all). Well I'll let you all know how wee Dougal is tomorrow.
Ps Mhairi is not chuffed being woken up and moved inside:roll:

He does not want anything to eat, and has peed on himself.

So I've given him Infacol and a tummy rub. Put him down on the floor to runabout and it looks like he's straining to pee pee. Bum goes out and the tail goes up and nothing:shock: :shock: Now he's lying on the floor.

Any ideas?

hey nicole, howz dougal

Hiya Nicole. Hope Dougal is ok. I have been having problems with my lot again recently. Anyway, just to say that mines do seem to do this with belly ache.

Snuggly vibes to Dougal

Fiona x

Sorry I did not see this til now Nicole

It sounds as though Dougal has a urinary tract infection causing cystitis. He needs to see the Vet who will hopefully give Dougal abx and analgesia.
The Vet should also examin Dougal's bladder to check for signs of sludge/stones

Good luck and please let us know how Dougal gets on

Janex

Morning, Dougal has perked up. And has just eaten some Oxbow. I think I gave him too much broccoli leaves yesterday:oops:

Edit-now munching on a cabbage leave. Think I'll give the vet a miss. He is much brighter and hungry this morning. But will keep a close eye on him.

Thanks for all your advice.:wave:

Last edited:
Morning, Dougal has perked up. And has just eaten some Oxbow. I think I gave him too much broccoli leaves yesterday:oops:

Edit-now munching on a cabbage leave. Think I'll give the vet a miss. He is much brighter and hungry this morning. But will keep a close eye on him.

Thanks for all your advice.:wave:

Glad he is feeling better :D

Broccoli gives me wind too :oops: :roll:

Sorry, too much information !! :lol: :lol:

Janex

Wee Dougal back in the shed nice and dry, poor mum got soaked:roll: :roll:
But better. Will still keep an eye on the pee pee thing.:wave:

Back