• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Afraid of the Vacuum-Advice Needed

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
Well today is "cleaning day" (or so I try to remind myself every Friday :lol: ) and the last few times I have turned on and used the vacuum cleaner, Crue goes bonkers and is very scared. He hides in his hutch and crouches low as he can for fear the vacuum with get him.

is there anything I can do to help him out? The house can't go without being vacuumed forever, and I'm in the middle of litter training him so I have been putting vacuuming off as I feel he probably thinks his "territory" is being threatened by this VROOOM noise making monster!

Should I relocate his hutch while I vacuum? Any other thoughts? Poor bun.

Poor scared bunny!

I'd put him in another room for that bit, if he really doesnt like it. After all, when cats and dogs dont like vacuum cleaning, they have the option of moving themselves to another room, generally. Some animals are bothered, some arent.

I have a glass-paned door between two rooms and Muppet is fine if he's on the other side of the closed door to the room I'm vacuuming.

Funnily enough the noise of the washing machine doesnt seem to bother him at
all - I guess he's worked out it doesnt move.

Flynn doesn't seem to mind at all ( I think he might be deaf actually):lol: However, I have Noah in at the moment as Dandilion evicted him from the big brother hutch :lol: :lol: ( that's another story) and he hates the hoover. Does exactly the same, cowers down and puts himself in the corner. I try and put him in the run while I hoover and if I can't do that, I move him out of the room.

I will move his hutch to the next room and shut the door.. hopefully that will keep him chill enough for me to get it done.. I've been avoiding it all day, the rest of the house is spotless.. except the carpet.. I see small tufts of bedding and food and hay bits all over :lol:

Bunnies have really good hearing - so a hoover must make a racket to them!!! my bunnies don't mind the hoover, but my daughter and one of my dogs are terrified! :shock:
I'd pop him in a carrier in a different room for a few mins...

My buns when they lived indoors werent bothered by the hoover, they just carried on sleeping. Maybe if you close the door on them and leave the hoover on for a few seconds in another room they might get used to it... gradually move it closer... but any signs of them being frightened, stop.

My dog doesnt like the hoover and when it goes near him, he runs away from it, or will bite the end... :oops:

Buu tries to stick her head in the end when I have the hoover on :shock: :roll: Scarlett and Trip hate it though so I just put them in a different room while im hoovering or wait until they go back outside :D

i close off the door to sooty's room when I hoover and he doesn't seem to mind too much. When I clean his room my OH has to bunny sit in the sitting room (which largely involves watching TV whilst sooty sunbathes by the window) and I then close sooty's door, do a mad sweep, vacuum and mop, leaving sootys litter tray on the otherside of the door just in case.

Buu tries to stick her head in the end when I have the hoover on

Too funny!! Crue will try to sit on the broom end.. :lol: I used to use it to prod him out from behind the couch when he was excessively laying back there.. needless to say it stopped working when he started sitting on top of it :roll:

We never got to vacuuming yesterday.. its going to happen today though! :shock:

Back