• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

basil is meeting his girls tomorrow!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
if magic is ok :)
it's been 4 weeks and i am so excited :)

BTW
Magic had a large lump on her chest so we went to the vets and they found out it was a large scab, they clipped it off as the cut was midly infected so she has 5 days of baytril, 0.6ml a day and she ahs had her bathed in antiseptic every day and it has a neat heal now so she should be ok to go back outside :)

has it really been 4 weeks already :shock: it only seems like 2 weeks or something since he was neutered he can still be fertile though up until 6 weeks id wait an extra 2 weeks before bonding them.

i hope the bonding goes ok

according to the thread when he was neutered to now hes only been neutered 3 weeks like i said best to leave the bonding for another few weeks so theres no more pregnancy scares :shock:

Some people say different times...I'd probably wait 6 weeks to be sure, but other people might not agree.
Good luck Beth :)

vets dont know what their talking a bout half the time when it comes to rabbits and neutering :roll: i was told 2 weeks from my vet when i had my boys done and bonded him with Crystal 2 weeks after the neutering and 4 weeks later she had 5 babies :roll: someone on here had a buck who had been neutered 6 weeks and he got 2 does i think it was pregnant. good on ya for leaving it another couple of weeks :thumb:

if you go to page 11 you'll see you origional post on Basil getting neutered and it was done on the 31st May its now the 22nd June its only been 23 days thats 3 weeks 2 days

Some people say different times...I'd probably wait 6 weeks to be sure, but other people might not agree.
Good luck Beth :)

i'llw ait 6 weeks :) somebody got their piggy neauteerd and put them togtehr three days to early and now she ahs a preggy piggy :shock:

Back