• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Many thanks from Lily

Merry

New Kit
Hi, my name is Lily and I'd just like to thank everybody on this forum for providing such wonderful advice to my humans! When I first went to live with them in January, I have to admit that I had been over indulging a little and I was very...erm...large! :oops: Though I didn't thank them for making sure I only ate healthy foods, and for making sure I had to work for everything, I now realise that it was for the best. I even quite enjoy a good forage these days! At first I admit I wasn't sure how well we were going to get along because they were always wiping my behind :shock: so I didn't like them much. Now I can reach to do it myself I don't think they're so bad anymore! I can't tell you how much better I feel now, I am so much more lively and one of my favourite things to do is jump out of my pen when they're not looking :)D - he he, I know Mandy's Audrey agrees with me on that one!). There was a time when I couldn't even balance on my back legs properly :( and I know I worried the humans by not even wanting to move around. I think the combination of being somewhere new and my weight was just making me so miserable. However, I was at the vets yesterday and he was very impressed with me, even though we were actually there for my friend Bubbles! I have lost almost 2 kilos since I first arrived and am a very happy bunny these days!:)
Fortunately there aren't any photos of me when I was REALLY overweight- but (hopefully) this is me a few months ago (be kind, I still spread out a bit when lying down!):
Lillylying.jpg

And this is me last night:
Lily.jpg

Sorry I've written so much, but just had to thank everyone who has written about rabbits with weight problems. And good luck to the rabbits who are doing the "fat camp"- you won't regret losing it, I can tell you!

Thanks for the encouragement Lily! You look fab!! I'm hoping to lose 1.6kg and then I've been told I can be spayed and find a great forever home too!! Can't wait!! Love Mopsey.x

Back