• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Susie is building a nest

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Susie my dutch bun who came in from this rescue http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=92937 has ripped out mouthfulls of hay and has shifted a lot of her hay upstairs to her bedroom.

CIMG2339.jpg

Looks like more babies are on the way :cry:

Last edited:
:shock: Not more babies!!!???? You will be a very busy bunny grandma. I really hope this is just another hormonal outbreak. Is Theodora showing any signs of more babies? I just read that Bobbie had more boblets, so there's still a chance that Theodora has some. Has it been 4 weeks since you got them?

Good luck with the hand feeding and Susie NOT getting babies. If you need help, let me know. If you want cake, you need to be fast, though. :D

:shock: Not more babies!!!???? You will be a very busy bunny grandma. I really hope this is just another hormonal outbreak. Is Theodora showing any signs of more babies? I just read that Bobbie had more boblets, so there's still a chance that Theodora has some. Has it been 4 weeks since you got them?

Good luck with the hand feeding and Susie NOT getting babies. If you need help, let me know. If you want cake, you need to be fast, though. :D

Monday or Tuesday is the latest day for Theo to have babies. She is very skinny as she is still feeding her group of 6 babies. I hope for her sake she doesn't have any more. One of Theo's babies is very small and thin compared to the others, any left over goats milk will be fed to this little baby to try and help put on weight. This little one is very slow and gets trodden on a lot by the others, if they were in the wild, she would be the little one which would be taken by the fox from the fields when it is feeding :cry:

Awwww, is it one of the little brown babies? I noticed one that wasn't as active as the others. I hope it'll catch up a bit with the help of goat milk.

How's Lady Jane doing now? Has she got back some energy? And are the babies using the ramp, yet?

How's Lady Jane doing now? Has she got back some energy? And are the babies using the ramp, yet?

Lady Jane is carrying on as normal despite what she has been through, bit like the person she is named after :lol: The babies have been doing the ramp for about 2 weeks now, they were doing them within 20 minutes of the hole in the floor being uncovered. They are such clever babies.

:roll: :( So ARC and Bobtails can expect a baby boom in the next few days, if most of the females are pregnant. I hope Susie and her babies are ok, give Susie a noserub and "well done" from me.

And also well done for Lady Jane's babies learning to use the ramp, I bet they have fun using it. Do you know how many males and females there are, yet? At what age do you have to separate them if they don't all get rehomed at 8 to 10 weeks?

And there are even more Dutch bunnies on the ARC website now. Did the latest group come from Bobtails? As they all have tennis related names, too?

I feel really helpless......I have SUCH a weakness for the Dutchies......and you are going to be SOOOOO over-run with them by the sound of things!!!!!:cry: :cry:

And caring for the Bobbleteenies too.......you certainly DO 'get on with it'!!!!!:D :D

Do you ever do weird stuff, like eat......sleep.......etc?????:(

I feel really helpless......I have SUCH a weakness for the Dutchies......and you are going to be SOOOOO over-run with them by the sound of things!!!!!:cry: :cry:

And caring for the Bobbleteenies too.......you certainly DO 'get on with it'!!!!!:D :D

Do you ever do weird stuff, like eat......sleep.......etc?????:(

ARC had their AGM tonight so I have eaten and drunk ... well not that much! I have cleaned the piggies out before I went out and will do the buns in the morning. I will put washing on in a minute so it will be ready to hang out in the morning then I will sleep.

All our buns are in different foster homes, so are spread out mainly over the 4 main homes, we also have a number of homes where there are ony 1 or 2 rabbits as well. We have also called in a few other people we know who have spaces as well who dont usually foster for us. We are really hoping that the majority of these Dutchies will not deliver any babies otherwise august is going to be a little difficult when people are going away on holiday. July / August are usually not good for rehoming either :cry:

Back