• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why so sad?

Daisy Pants

Young Bun
:wave: Why is my Daisy so sad? She had a dental last week but has been eating fine since.. but today she isn't.. she has eaten bits and drunk and Numbers 1 & 2's are all in order.. yet she is so sad for herself.. won't shift but no teeth grinding.. I'm at a loss!

She leans her head to the left so I'm thinking she could have an ear infection (her blood results came back negative for EC but she does has Pasteruella (?) which she is on Baytril for).. & also on Panacur in case it was EC)..

I'm at the vets later but since finding the forum I like to go prepared with questions and suggestions of what it might be!?

I've had a listen to her tummy and no gurgles..

Why is my baby bunny so sad still??:cry:

My rabbit Audrey was leaning her head to the side when her teeth needed doing and I was convinved it was something like EC but it wasn't.

Maybe she still has a spur the vets missed? Especially if she is still not eating properly- you'd expect her to be ok now I would think as it was last week.

I'm only theorizing really, hopefully other people will know more, hope she is better soon.

Maybe she is in pain? Is she having analgesia aswell as the abx/Panacur. If she has a middle-ear infection then that will be painful

Janex

Thank you both..

She is just on Panacur in case it was EC.. & Baytril to fight the Pasteurella (?)..

I thought she may be in pain so put a drop of metacalm on her tongue.. still no improvement though..

Can an ear infection be diagnosed without a GA? :oops:

Do I need to get her to the vets before 5.45?

Bunnies!

Thank you both..

She is just on Panacur in case it was EC.. & Baytril to fight the Pasteurella (?)..

I thought she may be in pain so put a drop of metacalm on her tongue.. still no improvement though..

Can an ear infection be diagnosed without a GA? :oops:

Do I need to get her to the vets before 5.45?

Bunnies!

If the infection is in the middle ear it may only be evident on X-ray. One drop of Metacam is not a therapeutic dose for even a small Bunny so I'd ask your Vet about a higher dose. The recommended oral dose is 0.1-0.2mg/kg every 24 hours.
Hope Daisy feels better soon. Its such a worry when a Bun is poorly :cry:

Janex

Thanks Jane.. they are a worry (I have one.. you have 51 - how do you cope!!!!!).. ! I'm in at 4.45 now!

Hope Bobbie is improving and the bobbleteenies are gaining in strength..

Gina x

Back