• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Midnight 6 days on * GRAPHIC PHOTO`S*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
For those of you who have been following midnight`s story since she came to us Friday eve, We took some new photos yesterday so you can follow her progress & gradual but definate improvement.

DSC00014-4.jpg

Her back paws. The swelling by her toes has significantly reduced & returning to a healthy light pink colour. Her hocks are still quite red but are no longer cracked & bleeding & the swelling has also significantly gone down.

DSC00019-2.jpg

Her left front paw. The swelling on her toes has also reduced & healthy skin is growing on her pads.
The skin is still very thin & sensitive but atleast they are improving for her.

DSC00017-4.jpg

Her front right paw.
This one has been most painful for her but she no longer constantly shakes it which atleast means we now have her pain under control.:)

It`s unlikely the fur will grow back on her paws, but each day we are seeing signs of improvement & she has now started hopping round her pen which is a definate sign that we are making progress.:D
She is back at the vets on Monday for a progress check-up.

Here`s a couple of piccies of her relaxing;

DSC00003-7.jpg

"Mmmmmmmmm, i love my hay":D

DSC00012-2.jpg

" Hello Mummy".

Su.x

OMG poor rabbit.. she must have been in so much pain:cry:
Thank goodness you have got her and are getting her the treatment she so obviously needed.
She looks a beautiful girl and I really don't understand how anyone could have left her in that state for so long..I've never seen front feet so sore.:cry:
Good on you Su for helping her..wishing her poorly feet well xx

Poor sweet baby!! Those paws looked so sore!!:shock: Thank heavens she is with you now and so obviously relaxed and happy. She is a beautiful bun.:D

What makes a rabbit's paws end up like that? I've never seen it.:?

Poor sweet baby!! Those paws looked so sore!!:shock: Thank heavens she is with you now and so obviously relaxed and happy. She is a beautiful bun.:D

What makes a rabbit's paws end up like that? I've never seen it.:?

Rexes are more prone to sore hocks, but her swollen toes were due to overgrown claws, the soreness on her front paws & severeness of the damage to her rear ones is due to severe urine scald.:cry:

Su.x

OMG her poor feet :shock: :cry:
She must have been in agony :cry:
I am so glad she is responding to treatment. You are obviously doing a grand job. She is so beautiful :D

Janex

OMG!!:shock: :shock: :shock: , that is awful, I missed the first thread so where did she come from?, that is dreadful to leave a bunny in that condition, why didn't they take her to a vet?, why do some people have animals?

Thank goodness she is safe with you now, well done for rescuing her.

OMG!!:shock: :shock: :shock: , that is awful, I missed the first thread so where did she come from?, that is dreadful to leave a bunny in that condition, why didn't they take her to a vet?, why do some people have animals?

Thank goodness she is safe with you now, well done for rescuing her.

Sorry Theo, I can`t say where she came from on a public forum.
I adopted her from a `rescue` who were sadly unable to get her the neccesary treatment.:cry:

Su.x

What a gorgeous looking bunny. She looks so tranquil on her vet bed and all comfy. Her poor feet look so painful and I am pleased to see they are improving.

Unfortunately my offer of help was turned down.

Su.x

That's a shame, Bryn and I were helping out with a rescue before, we snuck down and gave the place a really good clean out on the quiet one Saturday. It took us all day though, best bit about it, it was like bum we've got to go home and do it all again :lol: :lol:

:shock: She came from a rescue? Did she arrive in the rescue like that?

Poor bun, she must have been in so much pain :cry: thank god you've got her now Su, she's beautiful!

Are there other buns the rescue which need help? Why couldn't the rescue get help for her? That's what rescues are supposed to do :(

I'm really sorry, but I can't read this no more without feeling really sad :cry: :cry: , it's turned into a "witch hunt"

I know you've helped one bun and that's great, it really is :D , but I've got to be honest, what worries me is that all that will happen now is the rescue will disapear without a trace and the buns with it, when some help could of turned the situation around and could of been done without the fanfair, although I guess this far more exciting :lol:

I doubt the rescue in question would of done anything deliberatly, even some of us forum members have ended up making wrong choices, which has ended being wrong and we've brought harm to our bunnies, I feel sometimes it's easier to sit here and judge then to help a problem.

I don't know what the answer is really, but I don't think this is it.

I did not start this thread to attack anyone! It was purely so people could follow Midnight`s progress.
As i said i have offered help which has been declined.

I`m now out of here........................................

midnights progress

THIS NOT AN ATTACK!!!!!
i feel i have to set the story straight midnight previously named paris came in to my rescue because she was an ex breeding bunny who the breeder was going to have destroyed because she was no longer needed i have battled with paris and her feet i did everything to try and sort her feet out she was on antibiotics and different creams given by my vet so this poor little girl HAS been seen regularly by my vet the reason she is with su is because she said she could keep her on vet bed i felt in my heart she would have a better chance with su who could keep her feet dry, clean etc she came in with terrible paws which did not improve my vets would not prescribe me painkillers for her either su assured me her vets would, i do not have the money to keep my bunnies on vet bed i did what i thought was best, this is not an attack on su but since taking midnight we are no longer talking, i did everything within my power to try and help her i can only go by what my vet will give me or what my vet advises, this looks like i have been cruel to midnight but i havnt, at the end of the day we do what we feel is right su,s offer of help was not declined nastily, we,ve had words which meant her offer was declined i wanted to set the story straight because you are all thinking that she has come from an awful rescue she hasnt, my bunnies are kept clean, they are well fed they are vaccinated and neautered and vetinery treatment is given hence the reason i owe my vets £1800 what more can a rescue do!!!!! ive said my piece and please make it clear this is not an attack on su im so so so greatful for su taking midnight on and bein able to help her more than i can

Bunnyrun, sorry I dont know your real name. If you would like some suggestions on some small scale fund raising I will pm you later.

If your vet will not prescribe analgesia I would consider changing them, after all you need a vet who works with you and listens to your needs as well as the needs of your sick animals. The previous rescue I fostered with changed their vets on many occassions until they found someone they were happy with. ARC was formed about 5 years ago and since they found Christabel we have no need to move our custom. If we did have any issues we would not hesitate to move, after all we do spend an awful lot on vet bills a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back