• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A strange question about grass..

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I would like to give my bunnies some lovely fresh grass. I cant use the front garden as poochy often uses it as a toilet :roll:. As for the back garden, well o/h goes crazy with the lawn mower and it is incredibly slow growing. He did offer to leave me a patch but it takes ages to grow. ANYWAY... our next door neighbour is now in a home as she used to wander down the streets, and i would often have to run off and get her... bless her. She has some lovely grass growing in the front garden, and dandelions which is not fenced off or anything. I would love to go and snip some grass in the night :lol: . She used to have a dog though... but she hasnt been living there for at least 4 months. I was wondering if the grass was safe to pick since the grass has been cut a couple of times since she moved out?? due to the dog wee?

With the amount of rain we have had. Im sure any Doggy Wee would have washed away.....Im sure it would be safe for the bunnies.

:lol:
I don't know but when I walk up my road and see peoples front gardens with grass and dandelions I am often tempted to pinch some. I haven't yet becasue I wouldn't know how to explain it if I got caught!

Right... im going to sneak out tonight in a hoody with some scissors... actually no... they would must likely think i am burglar... hmm. :rolleyes:

Right... im going to sneak out tonight in a hoody with some scissors... actually no... they would must likely think i am burglar... hmm. :rolleyes:

Well technically not only would it be theft but also trespassing :lol:

Look Joanne, we joined the same month but I'm sooooooo beating you on posts :lol: :lol: :roll: But then you've passed your exams and mine may be questionable :rolleyes:

When our fence blew down, as soon as it went dark I nipped next door and got some lovely grass and dandelion leaves :D Im sure 4 months is plenty of time for any wee to be washed away Xx

My neighbour is in canada for 6 weeks, and his garden is well.....a bunny haven, dandilions everywhere! I often pop round his back and snatch a few....would hate to be caught by his son though as he occassionally pops round to check up on things!:shock: :lol:

Isabel, i didnt realise it was a competition ;) , and it would only be my hand that would be trespassing, i'll just pretend im cutting my own grass... and by the sounds of things im not the only one who does it or is thinking about it. :lol:

thanks for the serious advice now on the dog wee. to be fair the dog used the back garden as a loo not the front. Plus i would wash anything before giving it to them.

Back