• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pairs, trios or more???

Pairs, trios and large groups??

• A pair is the best option

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • A trio is far better

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More than 3 is even better

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
As above,

I was just thinking,

Does it have any benefit to keep buns in groups of 2/3 or more? Do you think its more natural for them to live in a larger group, like wild buns??

I voted for and would always go for large groups. Look at Chloaster's recent pictures to appreciate a large group together.

Neil

I have pairs & a large group.

& within the large group - there is a closely bonded trio. I love watching them all interact with each other & large groups definitely suit me with having so many buns here. I love sitting with them:love:

but I think space is important & I could do without the bonding worry!

i have lots of pairs now but thats to suit the buns, i used to have large groups and still have 2 trios and a group of 4, i would go with larger groups for my preference.

The largest group I have had here is 6 Buns. I dont think I would do that again as its hard to monitor the eating/pooing/drinking of each Bun and on one occassion one of the Buns in the large group became very poorly:cry: as I had not noticed that she had reduced gut motility :oops: :cry: (found to be secondary to molar spurs)

I think I manage best with pairs/trios

Janex :D

The largest group I have had here is 6 Buns. I dont think I would do that again as its hard to monitor the eating/pooing/drinking of each Bun and on one occassion one of the Buns in the large group became very poorly:cry: as I had not noticed that she had reduced gut motility :oops: :cry: (found to be secondary to molar spurs)

that is my main worry with a big group. I base a lot on their response at meal times - but with Barley's eye, she never stopped eating:roll: despite it obviously hurting her. When Kendra was ill too, I do think i might have noticed sooner if she had been alone. i watch more closely now though, so hopefully we'll be ok.

I Think Its More Natural To Have Buns In Larger Groups ...but I Have Voted For Pairs ....
I Would Always Be Worried About Missing Something Critical In A Large Group .:?

I think pairs or trio's (I'm having a trio in 2 weeks time)
Same as Jane and bunnymadhouse, I'd worry that I could miss eating/pooing probs in a bigger group.
I expect there may also be a few more scuffles in larger groups ???? so I'd be paranoid in case any got injured!

I voted for a pair. They are easier to monitor whos eating/pooing etc also the risk of bullying in groups worries me..

Back