• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe "bite resistant" extendable warren

Jocelyn

Mama Doe
I've emailed snugglesafe to complain about this product - I bought one the other day and it's horrid - it's made of flimsy plastic which is certainly not 'bite proof' as stated on the packaging. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known it was made so badly but you can't tell when it's in its packaging!

I put it out for Shadow and it started falling apart just by him looking at it [ok slight exaggeration but IMHO this is NOT bunny safe as it's VERY easy to chew and I somehow doubt plastic is good for bunnies!!!!]

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited:
mine have has theirs a while now and i agree it is definately not chew proof :roll: in fact i think mine is probably only about half its original size! but they dont swallow the plastic and it is always in chunks round the tube (cleared away as soon as i see it) and never in their poop so i guess i am lucky in that respect

would be interested to see is you get a response :D

Sadly Shadow seems to have a fetish for rubber/plastic and likes to eat it [I'm sure he's not the only one!!], and Kitten seems to be following suit :( This email was sent over a week ago now and still no response.. I think I'll post a letter too.. I'm just disappointed because I've had Snugglesafe stuff before and it's be fine [especially the disc you can warm up - SO handy!!]

Is that the green plastic extandable one? I've got one and mine have bitten through it, but just on the ends. It can get quite sharp. :shock:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that and will probably just give it to them for supervised play time. They're not cheap either! :evil:

No I know - a tenner+ for something that gets wrecked in minutes :( I think I'll stick with the foot long cat tunnels from the pound shop - they love them and they ARE bite resistant :D

Mines the same, they were bitten right through in minutes. Concerned about the waste of money as well as the plastic.
Think i'll stick to cardboard in future.

Marketing hype :evil:

:lol: i think he must be related to bailey

Glad he's not the only one! The buttons on my remote are sneakily getting destroyed, slowly but surely.. and if I walk in the room with my converse shoes on he just follows me and tries to eat them! I wouldn't mind but it really can't be good for him! :(

I've got the snuggle warren but it hasn't been chomped thru yet thank heavens. I can only fit one of the snuggle warren tubes in the kitchen at the mo (where they are in bonding) and they all use it but don't show interest in chomping it. Once they have free reign and the warren is all attached with the interchange etc I will keep a very close eye on it.....glad i saw this thread:?

is it this thing you mean?

DSCF3427.jpg

I use drainage pipes! and a chimney pot they are fab :D

DSCF4995.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

Back