• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow balls dangerous?

Glingle

Warren Veteran
I bought my two bunnies some medium sized willow balls which they've loved chomping away at. The balls are now partially unravelled and whilst I was in the garden this morning I noticed that Flip had got a loop of willow like a noose round his neck and Flop was sat on other the end of the willow strip! I quickly got him out of it, but if I hadn't have been there I hate to think what might have happened.

I was surprised that the balls had unravelled in such a way that meant they were easy for a bunny to become entangled in, so I've hacked the rest of them up into shorter bits that they can chomp and throw them but not get caught up in them. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Hmmm I have heard this before I'm sure there was a post onhere. Could you write to them, I brought a small animal hidey, for my chins and it chopped the top of one iof my chins head off. I wrote to the company and there is now warning on them :D, although they should of paid the vets bills really :?

Hmmm I have heard this before I'm sure there was a post onhere. Could you write to them, I brought a small animal hidey, for my chins and it chopped the top of one iof my chins head off. I wrote to the company and there is now warning on them :D, although they should of paid the vets bills really :?

I hope he was ok?!

I have heard of willow balls unravelling and buns getting tangled. I really only buy the sticks but have bought multi packs of balls when on offer. I guess just supervised playtimes should be advised on packaging. Its an obvious thing to happen really and you would have thought they would put a warning on the labels originally.

i had a problem with those grassy ball things (quite big with three holes in it) i had stuffed it with hay for the buns as a treat but after a couple of days they had started chewing at the grassy ball (ok i assumed as it was ok for buns) but them one morninf after they had had a particularly good chew on it i noticed a big metal loop coming from it :shock: i took it away and gave the loop a pull (not very hard) and it formed into a hoop ehich a bun could easily get their head through (it was the bit that structured the holes in the ball) needless to say that was taken away and not replaced!

Last edited:
He was Leanne, it grew back, kind of scalped he was

Pic772.jpg

sorry I'm kind of Hyjacking the tread :oops:

Back