• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Embarrassed myself at vets!!!

Jayne

Mama Doe
I took Gabbie to have her dental this morning and went through the usual routine,signing forms,kissing her goodbye etc then I have to hurry out before I get too emotional! :roll: As I sat in the car I realised I had forgotten to say she prefers to drink out of a bowl! I was like a mad woman rushing back in arms flapping in a tizz!!! the nurse was lovely bless her said "Don't worry I'll go and add it to her notes" it was only when I got back in the car I realised how mad I must've looked :oops: Oh well that's me I'll not change now too old :D Please think of my baby and hope it all goes well,thanks.

Don't worry......I have made a COMPLETE fool out of myself at my vets surgery more times than I care to remember!!!!!:roll: :oops: :lol: I have been known to cry during routine injections, and if one of my buns has to stay at the vets overnight they practically have to pry him or her out of arms to take them, whilst I blubber and smother them with kisses.:oops: They are used to me now after all these years, and just kind of accept me as 'The Mad Rabbit Woman'!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sending Good Luck vibes to Gabbie.....AND you!!!!! Let us know how she gets on!!!!!:D :D

Thank you all for the good luck wishes it means alot :D I think we're all mad on here :lol: (in the nicest possible way!) and thats why we all understand each other! Thank goodness I've got you all :) Unfortunately the diet has gone out of the window already today :oops: I always eat when stressed so think I've had my days rations already! :lol:

Aw im sure the nurse thought you were lovely :D

I hope it all goes smoothly, which im sure it will!

awww good luck at the vets Gabbie :love: hope all goes well

i think we have all probably embarrased ourselves at the vet one time or another there was the night cody did something and couldnt walk so we rushed him to the vets at about 10-11 at night for him to jump out of the car and practically run up to the vet pulling all the way and acting normally :roll: and there was one time when i had to have my rattie put to sleep :cry: i cried so much that when i was in town the next day a random lady who had been in the waiting room came up to ask if i was better and sorry about my loss :oops:

Last edited:
Aww I'm sure they'd much rather have a bunny madwoman caring about her bunny than someone who doesn't care.

I've cried a few times in the vets, mainly over Alice when they wanted to do dentals - she was quite old and frail and had already had far too many GAs. I'm sure they used to prepare for my visits! :oops: :lol:

I love you all for your thoughts and vibes :D I'm trying to keep calm :oops: easier said than done! I seem to be doing loads but achieving nothing :lol: I'll just be glad when she's home safe.

Hope she's on the mend soon.

I've embarrassed myself at the vets too. I always cry when my lot have a GA, I have to tak emy mum with me to translate my sniffles!

Hope all goes well at the vets. I just blubbed like a baby when Milli was spayed. The vet phoned me about an hour after I got home to check if I was ok and tell me that Milli was fine and settled waiting for her turn.

My baby's home and is resting :D She's still a bit sleepy but she has eaten,had a drink and pooed at the vets so it's looking good.Hopefully she'll do the same as last time and suddenly perk up at about 9pm and eat,drink and have a wander around! Thanks again everyone :D

glad to hear she is at home on the mend.

Don't worry, when I take my bunnies in for a check up I cry in the car...haha! I also seem to eat loads of rice crispies when they stay in over night....its my comfort food! Its so odd. When one has to stay in over night out comes the bowl of rice crispies. I made the mistake of blabbering to my vets about my rice crispy comfort food and she burst out laughing. Ok ok its not chocolate but still.. :roll:

So don't you worry about crying etc, least you don't stuff your face with breakfast cereals!hehe!

xx

so glad to hear shes ok..

dont worry im even worse honest and i ring up so many times..im so woried each time..i nealry fell apart when bif had herlast dental and aload of xrays and bloodwork at the same time to rule out cancer the other vets said she had! And when willow was spayed i was distraught!
i was always know as mrs dr doolitle for talking ot the animals..my elderly moggies to reassure them each time other folks pets..my buns and the list of requirements that go with and instructions on cuddly toys etc..they al know me wel enough over the years too so dont worry! youre not alone!!:lol:

Back