• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppet Gets A Furcut!

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Our Poppet is a cashmere lop of sorts and although her topcoat is long and soft underneath is a nightmare. She clumps all over except her head so three or four times a year she gets a big trim to keep her under control. Here's a couple of before shots to give an idea...

p04.jpg

dd002.jpg

and here's a few after shots with another rabbit's worth of fur from her...

bunnygoodies002.jpg

bunnygoodies005.jpg

and one last one, "am I still pretty, Mum?"

bunnygoodies009.jpg

Neil

Esther...It goes towards my chest wig :lol: ! Only joking, nothing really, do you think we should?

Mad Bunster...Maria does the deed with scissors. She's not usually keen on being handled but is pretty well behaved for her furcut. If I'm holding her at the time she grooms my stomach! Hope your bonding's still ok.

Neil

Awwww, what a cutie. I actually like her better with her short sheep like fur. Doesn't it get very warm for them in the summer? You could fill a bunny pillow with all that fur. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Neil!!! :roll: :D Not sure what rabbit fur can be used for :? you could always email it to me ;) :lol:

Esther x

I chuck Fozzies fur into the compost bin! I'm sure its ok.... I did consider starting knitting her a jumper incase we get a sudden cold snap!

Oh and Neil, the bonding is still going well - I think they've accepted each other now - well, Nibbler has accepted Maddies dirty habits but he draws the line at her pinching food out of his mouth!! :lol:

I'd either put the fur out for the birds during nesting season... or knit a wooly hat out of it! :lol:

Last edited:
Awww bless her heart!!! she is such a sweetie!! It must be so awfully hot under all that fur - so lucky to be in a nice caring forever home to look after her and shave her fur for summer!! :D

Back