• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couch/Sofa Problems, well, sort-of.

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
We have been working with Crue on litter training, working towards the goal of him roaming the house all day, every day. He has been VERY loyal to his hutch so far (where his food and litter is), however we have a problem with him, not so much a problem, but anyway..

He goes behind the sofa and stays there. Not in fear or anything, he just goes behind it and sleeps. Just chills. He spends an assinine amount of time there that I wonder if we should block it off permanently.

We temporarily blocked it while he was out last night, and oh-ho it made him displeased with us! He started chewing the edge of the couch and what we were blocking it with.. Anthony said No to that so we unblocked it and back in he went.

I tell Anthony that this is his "Safe Place" and enjoys being there but he is complaining about spending time with him and wants him to be out in the open.

My only personal concern is that he may start digging behind the couch or urinating where we can't see (its dark obviously, so i can't tell if there are spots back there or not). I just don't want to end up having to find out the hard way when we notice a rank smell around the couch from Crue having gone back there for over a month, lol!

Any thoughts?

My bunny used to live behind the sofa :roll: and sleep - which she does a lot of! lol - we blocked it and yeah they get grumpy for a while cos its change, but they get over it eventually - although if all shes doing behind it at the moment is chilling - I would personally leave her to it. - they arent active all the time, a lot of the time they do just like to 'chill'

I told Anthony that we should just let him be since he is just relaxing... but like I said, I don't want him to be doing anything naughty back there..

would it be a good idea to put a dig box back there? Or maybe just a length of carpet roll for behind the whole couch to allow him back there but keep him off the carpet? Or put vinyl down?

Last edited:
Back