• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with Color?

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
I'm trying to determine what color exactly Crue is. Not that it matters, I am just curious to know the definate term. I am assuming he is either what I know to be a "Blue-Gray" or an "Opal" ? Any help with this? I am still learning about colors of rex rabbits, even though I have chinchillas down pat.. when I brought him home, I jokingly called him a "Violet" as it is very close in color hue to the violet mutation in chinchillas.. :lol:

Thanks for any ideas or information!

Here is a picture:
100_0339.jpg

(This picture was taken when he was roaming our bedroom.. he isn't allowed there anymore for the time being as it is virtually impossible right now to Bun-Proof!! :rolleyes: )

I thought it was chinchilla when I first saw the pic in your intro but I think they have banding of the hairs.

I don't think he's blue as I think they're a bit bluer/darker and don't have the paler edging.

Not much help :lol:

My Blue Rex William (R.I.P. my sweetheart) was solid blue all over, even under his tail, with no lighter shading whatsoever. I'm not sure WHAT colour Crue is.....but he's GORGEOUS!!!!!:D

Well mine is definitely a blue rex.....

He looks a "wreak" not rex in this photo though :shock: :lol:

lionhead4.jpg

I got sold him as a blue !??? :? Shock horror! :shock: Thats it ! Hes being sent back !!! :evil: Just kidding :lol:

Not that makes any difference to me what he is but I've been calling him a blue for the past 6 years!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

That's crazy that its most likely a standard gray?! It seems like such a rich hue that I figured it wouldn't be considered a gray color, but heck, I'm new to the color business in rabbits you could say..

Lea-Anne, Crue's color is near exact to the picture you posted!! But with a white belly.. But that is definately his over-the-top color. (My pictures may have washed him out..)

Crue is a Squirrel - its basically a 'blue chin' - if you blow into his fur he should have some banding. Its not actually a standardised colour in rex I don't think.

Lea-Anne your boy is a Blue Otter/Opal - can't quite make up my mind which!! Do you have any more photos? Or do you see banding if you blow into his coat?

It's amazing what you find out! That's too cool! Here I have been looking and looking for a defination of his color all over online, and couldn't find anything.. Thanks for your help!!

Leanne- He has the cutest cheeks ever.. especially when he squats down, you just gotta pinch them!! :D

Back