• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's fine!

clairey

Young Bun
Bruiser went in for his "little op" this morning. And I just phoned the vets to see how he is doing & he is fine. She said he came round from the anaesthetic really quickly which is good. Lots of TLC tonight I think. I am so relieved! :D

Does anybody have any advice on how to help him get over things quickly?

I would recommend not picking him up for a little while, it's hard to avoid the poor sore/bruised bits!!

Just let him rest I suppose, make sure he's eating and drinking - if not then try to tempt him with something tasty like a carrot/apple etc :)

My boy Shadow was bouncy as ever after his op [though slightly confused :lol:] just didn't want me to pick him up [which is understandable!!!]

Well he is home now & all seems ok, except that he hasn't eaten any of his pellets. Since he got home yesterday eve he has eaten some dandelion leaves, abour a quarter of an apple & a bit of hay. Should I be worried that he hasn't eaten any of his pellets? :?

whoo hoo glad he's good, I'd say if he's eating a bit of anything I wouldn't worry.

Thanks! He seems happy enough, not getting depressed like the vet told me to look out for. He's hopping round my feet when I go out in the garden. He keeps running between my feet when i'm walking though & i'm petrified of kicking him accidentally!! :?

Yeah as long as he's eaten something he should get back to normal soon :)

My vet [who is amazing] was like 'oh he'll be fine, he gets ketamine next time, he'll love it!!' :lol:

I don't think Shadow agreed when it wore off though ;)

Back