• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP.... Where can I buy wire mesh?????

Anita

Alpha Buck
My Dad is in the process of making my 2 a new hutch and its just dawned on us both that we do not have a clue where to buy wire mesh :cry: Have asked at the timber merchants but he couldnt recomend anywhere.

Its the hard wire we want not the flimsy chicken wire. Last time I had a new hutch I had a Grandad who had a large alotment with chickens, buns and everything you could ever think of so sourcing whatever I needed was no problem. Our first thought was an ironmongers but all these independant stores no longer seem to exist, now we are stuck for ideas. I dont want to pay over the odds but have no idea how much I should even be expecting to pay.

Any ideas ?

i would just go to Wilkinsons if the link I posted is no good for you (but I am in Nottingham ;) )- they sell lots of different types in there.

B&Q sell it, as do Homebase and most other hardware stores. However it's normally outside along side the fencing stuff! Some of them also sell flat sheets if you only need a small amount for a hutch door rather than a large amount for a run or something!

Back