• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Natrual range

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone else think it's rubbish, most of it has egg in it, I was reading teh packets on Sunday and was quite shocked by the ingredients, not as natural as claimed :?

Yeah I noticed that too!

I think the mixed herby bag things are quite good and natural though, Audrey liked one of those...

I don't think its rubbish, my rabbits seem to love it but then again I only buy the herby type bags so haven't looked at the other stuff in detail.

I brought the herb one, in a loose bag, but the one's in blocks that are binded, are not natural at all, they're binded with eggs. I just was worried if you didn't know eggs were bad, people would feed it to their buns.

Yes I was quite surprised and disappointed by some of the ingredients. Most of it seems more suitable for smaller animals, to be honest (rats, mice etc).

I've bought the parsley bells before - are they eggy too? :shock:
I also bought one of the fancy stick things for my gerbils - they completely ignored it! :roll: :lol:

the egg is used as a binding agent....trouble is it's either that or honey/syrup which is proably even worse.

I don't tend to buy anything that has the binding agent in except for carrot in the log which sooty can hardley get to whithout masses amounts of chewing so the amounts he eats are tiny.

My two and Bronwyn devoured the dried herb bags!:lol:

I'd say eggs are worse than honey, rabbits are herbivores, and don't eat animal products. Out of interest, wasn't it feeding cows animal remains that caused Mad cows disease?:roll:

My buns don't get processed treats, a treat to a bunny is a bit of carrot or a homegrown strawberry in my house!:lol:

I'd say eggs are worse than honey, rabbits are herbivores, and don't eat animal products. Out of interest, wasn't it feeding cows animal remains that caused Mad cows disease?:roll:

My buns don't get processed treats, a treat to a bunny is a bit of carrot or a homegrown strawberry in my house!:lol:

Mine either - they're usually full of junk and they're so expensive too! What's the point when bunnies are happy as can be with a slice of apple or a bit of carrot :)

mine love the herby type bags they have also had the parsley bell, carrot pellets, carrot roll and the knaw stone non eof which contain egg to the best of my knowledge. all of them were a big hit although since reading on here about the egg content of some of them i do alwasy check the packet now before buying

My bun Lilly has only had the Vegetable Edges and the Herb Bag neither have egg in them (that I know of!). Neither does the Chinchilla Flower Garden that I give to the chins. I try to ensure that I always check the back of packets for hidden extras! My animals are fed a very natural diet and I try my best to keep it that way.

if it's in kind of a block/sticks it has egg in :D I think I would rather mine have honey, even though I don't eat honey myself. I treat Nibbles and Zippy's abscess with honey and they ate some of that :lol:

don't think they eat much honey either :) although sooty would quite happily raid our local hive if the bees let him:lol:

I was reading the ingredients just today and noticed they had egg in them. I did get some of their treats for the rats though

Back