• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loud teeth grinding....

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
How loud does your bun grind his/her teeth when you're grooming/stroking / fussing her/him??

Darcy has always done the bun-purr grinding but I've never heard a bun do it as loudly as Annie does!:shock: :lol: Darcy usually starts quietly and then gets louder but never starts so loud and continues loud!!! Before you worry she is not in the crouched position or doing it other than when being fussed - so def not teeth (also got them checked by vet weeks ago!).

She lies flat out on the floor, with her chin flat on the floor, grinding away as I groom and fuss her. I don't know if it just sounds louder because her chin is flat on the lino floor??

I even tried out grinding my teeth a little to communicate with her - and it was really funny - she would stop - listen to my grinding - then do her grinding even louder!!:shock: :lol: :lol: I find it adorable but have just never had this before!!

First your eating their food, then talking their language :shock: .................. Romy, your turning bunny!!! :lol:

Flynn is my only 'talker'. He doesn't grind his teeth though, he whistles and whispers:shock: :lol: He used to honk really loudly when ever you fussed him, but it stopped when we had him neutered ( the kids blamed me and said I'd broken him)!!:shock: :shock:
I love it and we whisper to each other while he's having nose rubs and strokes!:lol:

First your eating their food, then talking their language :shock: .................. Romy, your turning bunny!!! :lol:

:oops: :oops: I do have a tshirt that says "I'm a cottontail trapped in a human body":oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its just so loud its bizzare - will be interesting if it still sound that loud on the carpet. Its like she can mind read as sometimes I worry "does she feel loved" and then the next minute she's next to me grinding away. I'm sure rabbits can mind read...what do you reckon??

.....okay i know i've a few screws loose in the brain dept..:oops: :oops:

Flynn is my only 'talker'. He doesn't grind his teeth though, he whistles and whispers:shock: :lol: He used to honk really loudly when ever you fussed him, but it stopped when we had him neutered ( the kids blamed me and said I'd broken him)!!:shock: :shock:
I love it and we whisper to each other while he's having nose rubs and strokes!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That made me laugh!!! I've never heard a bunny honk!!!

I'm sure rabbits can mind read...what do you reckon??

.....okay i know i've a few screws loose in the brain dept..:oops: :oops:

No - the mind reading is a fact I'm sure of it! lol. I also think it is the loose screws that make them more receptive...

... I am sure I read that somewhere??? umm now where was that article on crazy bunny ladies???:lol:

Edited to try and figure out the Quote bit

Last edited:
No - the mind reading is a fact I'm sure of it! lol. I also think it is the loose screws that make them more receptive...

... I am sure I read that somewhere??? umm now where was that article on crazy bunny ladies???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the only word I can think of to describe it!:lol: :lol: It was soooooo loud you could hear him when you walked into the room!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Darcy used to honk before the "snip" too!! Its really funny when you hear it the first time..."you're a rabbit not a pig!!":lol: :lol: :lol:

Evo still honks now, when he's running round my feet for food! :lol: Not as loud as before he was done though. He also growls when he's in a mood, and does chatter his teeth quite loudly when being fussed too!! He's a very vocal bunny. :D

sooty does it quiety too but only when running to great me. It sound like a very far away ferry parping its horn.

You're not squeezing in the right place ;)

EEEEEWwwwwwwwwwww!!!!:shock: :lol: :lol: Thats really not true, don't worry. Darcy only made the noise before the snip - its like a honky type grunt. Piggy like. I much prefer the bunny-pur teeth grinding!

Radar will honk - he does it when being scratched or stroked if you hit the right spot :lol: but I've never heard my others do it

Back