• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit's got no tail!!!! u/d piccies

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
As Treacle was at the vets all day today with Travis who was having his teeth done, I asked if they could shave the fur off around her bum area for me. She's very fluffy, and although I regularly trim it, she still struggles to keep herself clean, which is a worry now that summer's here.

I've just brought them home, and they've shaved off her fluffy white tail too! I feel awful, poor lil' mite, she doesn't seem to be too bothered though, and I keep telling myself that it's for the best......

Last edited:
My old girl Dazy, constantly had a runny bum and it was so much easier to keep clean when she was clipped, she spent most of her life tail-fluffless. They do look funny though, bless.:)

From fluffy white tail...
pb4444.jpg

To...

IMG_016012.jpg

and here's her belly...

IMG_015611.jpg

I loved her white fluffy tail though, I didn't expect them to shave it all off too!!

Oh... my... goodness... I don't think I realised that tails were so small without the fluff... I suppose it will grow back quite quickly?

Bless her cotton socks...

Bloody heck, when I seen the title I thought you rabbit really didn't have a tail at all:shock:

Poor wee mite, hope it grows back soon

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that!!! :oops:

Oh bless her - shes had a gorgeous tail what a shame its gone !! hehe:lol: . I cannot believe how little there is without fur though! :shock:

Poor bunny, I hope she doesn't get cold! :lol:

I used to trim Alice around her bum area and towards her tummy but not that far down her tail. I'm sure it'll grow back and at least you'll be able to keep her clean. :thumb:

Gemma xx

Heavens! I never realised tails were so tiny under all that fluff!!! Awww hope it doesn't get to breezy for her and it grows back soon bless her!

:shock: oh my!! we shave bif down to her tummy fur like a skin head..and her tail just the underneath parts and side parts soshes left with a fluffy albeit skinny tail and i felt sorry for her..shes flip if is howed her what mummy could have arranged for her to have done!!

i discovered bifs trigger is in fact greens which she ,loves..and apple wich she had teeny treat of for the first time in months and months..

poor baby..mind you she did nick berties bit from his mlouth whilst he was eating..he couldnt see it or feel it anymore so presumed hed eaten it all!!1 ihave o give ehr small amounts and only every few days..which isnt fair on the other two but i cant give them some without her..she canhear thebag come out fromt he fridge!! and aits for it to warm up inthe kitchen on her hind legs beging!!

its odd that the furs so short..so much exposed skin..i thought sweaty exposed skin was also prone to flystrike/

I usually just trim her, but it's still so difficult to ensure she keeps herself clean, I also worry that with all that fluff it's difficult to see clearly of anything's gotten in her fur. She's an indoor bunny, so not got to worry about the cold too much as they only go out in the day when the sun's out. She doesn't seem to be very bothered by it though which is good, hopefully by the time it all grows back it'll be the end of the summer and I wont have to worry about her as much.

She just chooses not to eat her ceacotrophs sometimes, and this is how she gets messy, but she eats lots of hay and doesn't have many pellets, there doesn't appear to be a pattern to it, so I just have to keep an eye on her.

Back