• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding a T&G hutch

Hi guys!:wave: I am looking for a 6ft tounge and groove hutch and run but the only ones I can find are the ones from ebay that I think quite a few people on here have, however I have bid on and lost 2 hutches so I don't think I'm going to get one.:roll: So does anyone know where I can get another hutch like this? I can only think of the happy hutch company but I checked and they only do plywood for 6ft hutches and I want a stronger wood. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.:D

Last edited:
I've got a t&g one off ebay, I emailed the seller directly and asked to buy one (for the starting price) + an extra run so that I could extend it... the bloke was lovely and sorted it all for me, so no need to bid! I'd advise you ask him directly and just explain what your budget is etc.... he may well agree to sell you one at the starting price :D

I've got a t&g one off ebay, I emailed the seller directly and asked to buy one (for the starting price) + an extra run so that I could extend it... the bloke was lovely and sorted it all for me, so no need to bid! I'd advise you ask him directly and just explain what your budget is etc.... he may well agree to sell you one at the starting price :D

thats what i did for all mine, contacted the guy through Ebay and asked to buy some direct, he has a website too called The Rabbit hutch shop (same name as ebay shop) and he sells them directly on there for £185 each

Oh no - I didn't realise happyhutch were now not tongue and groove - that's not very good - mine were all t&g from there 2 years ago :(

Try to find a small joiners or retired joiner to make you one, there is a small garden centre here who made one for buns from here for £85 :wave:

Thanks for all the advice guys, I just found his website so I can order it off there, unfortunately I can't find a joiner around here to build me one!:? Thanks for your help.:D

Try looking at having one made Jess, I had my hutch made, it's 6ft x 3ft double tier, T&G and cost roughly £180 (I think) :D Xx

To be honest I wouldnt worry too much about T&G versus ply. Theyre all ply on the bottom, so as long as the back and sides are well coated in preserve and covered in a tarp, the life should be about the same. I have a ply hutch that is 12 years old and still going strong, its been well looked after and the roof is the only part I had to replace, the ply bits are still fine.:)

hi, a friend of mine makes hutches using tongue and groove, i have had quite a few made. if you look on my website, there are some pictures and a price list as well. x

Have you tried the rabbit hutch warehouse, they do some gorgeous hutches, it's where we get a lot of ours from, they will also custom make if they dont have what you are looking for.

Back