• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

struggly bunnies

touie

Wise Old Thumper
does anyone else have any rabbits that refuse to be caught or to go home by themselves when they're out? :? I'm having problems with twinkle at the moment, ever since her spay she's been a right madam! If I let her out of her run she refuses to go home again so I have to catch her. She also refuses to be caught without putting up a fight so we both end up exhausted. When i finally do catch her she wriggles, kicks and squirms to try and get away again and not only am I scratched to bits but I'm worried she'll hurt herself! She never did this before the operation!

I feel guilty if I don't let her out as she loves to run around in the garden but she is becoming such a problem at going in again that I'm reluctant to unless i'm going to be home all day, I've never had this with any of the others and not sure what to do with her!!!

Last edited:
Evo will not be picked up unless he's scared at the vets. :roll: Can you tempt Twinkle into a carrier with a treat to bring her in / out?

I havent tried a carrier recently but she didn't used to go in it probably reminds her of the vets. Since I've had her she's had loads of vet trips what with the suspected pregnancy then the sneezing, plus the routine stuff! I guess i could give it another go as she's not been in it for a couple of months now :?

I've found a good way of getting buns to like the carrier is to just leave it on the floor open with a towel in it and they use it as a hidey house so they don't just associate it with going to the vet and being prodded :)

Back