• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Beaphar "Fly-Free" - where to buy?

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
I'm going on a weeks hols in 2 weeks and mum is moving in to look after my animals.
Today I've got Rearguard for my big Frenchie girl BB,but I noticed on another thread that someone mentioned "Fly-Free" .I've googled it but can't find a stockist.
Does anyone know where I can get some from?

Thanks!!

Beaphar Fly Guard the 3 month version is RRP £9.99 (supposed to do 5 rabbits but have not yet tried it).

Beaphar Fly Free is the 1 week version is RRP £3.99.

I bought 3 of the 3 month version from Ebay and it cost me about £22.

Google Beaphar Fly Guard or Fly free without the hyphen and you should get lots of hits.

Thanks!
The Rearguard cost £15 from the vet and is only enough for 1 rabbit, so the Beapher one looks better value at £10 for 5 rabbits!

What is this? Where do you put it? Is it easy to use? I didn't know it existed. The one from the vet is that better or the same?

It's a lot more cost effective than Rearguard.
I paid £15 for Rearguard, and that only treats one bunny, and as it's prescription only my vets will only prescribe to the buns they've seen in the last 12 months - bit ridiculous considering it's a preventative and not a treatment!
I've now ordered 2 bottles of Fly Free for £3.99 on Ebay to treat the other buns, and I'll be using it on all my buns through the summer.

petra said it would only be anygood if the active ingredeint was the same as rearguard..is it anywhere near the same amount/strength?

the fly free one sounds a good idea too.ui have one fully grown frnechie..one 6 month old rather large frenchie and bif my rabit of lionhead lop descent the rescue thought! shes the one with sticky bum probs from stres more than diet!

i wont let themoutside till our gardens redone hipeuflly iby a fortnights timea nd then only out with this stuff..i wanted to get some from vaga vallet but unsure of how many has tried it!!

i need to find the ingredients compared torearguard..any tips folks?

petra hasnt got anyone who usesit and shed heard of it once..but said if its got the same active ingrediant inthe same concentnrnation etc then go buy it.its cheaper than rearguard!! ncie to find avet who doesnt say buy from us only!!

Back