• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More than one bun....

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I just had to say how happy I feel this morning being a mummy to 3 bunnies!! And thanks to everyone on this forum for your support and tips.

I've had one large french lop,Darcy for 3 years and was so worried for ages about bonding him (failed attempt 2 years ago). But now he's bonded with two rescue lady buns!

Now its lovely to see the three of them interact, play, groom, snuggle, ignore eachother:lol: The bonding bit was terrifying but didn't last long and i hardly remember it!!

Darcy wasn't able to eat veggies due to extra soft poop and noshing less hay. But now the girls are here - I can give him little tit-bits with them as he is exercising more. And also having more than one bun, has taught me to ration treats better - and not give so much spoiling one of them!:oops:

I can't believe I was so scared of adopting more rabbits for so long - but then fate has its ways. Everyone with a single bun, just go for it, go to the rescues and find a bunny pal (or two)!!:lol:

Okay gushing now over,

from a once terrified non-bonder to bunnymummy of 3

Love Romy, Darcy, Annie & Beatrix xxxxxxxxx:love:

You did well getting them alltogether. You stuck with it and you have got the rewards. 3 content happy buns and one happy owner ;)

It's great to see that the bunnies are all getting along now, and I agree, it is a lot of fun to watch them interact. As you know, I am hoping to add a third bunny to my two, and I am also scared of the bonding. Snoopy can be a bit grumpy, but hopefully Janice will do her magic and help me. :D

Well done you :D I shall leave my 2 singles though as I'm a total coward :oops: Went out this morning to shut Maa up and she's flopped happily next to Benny, who's eating hay happily the other side of the wire and thought Awwwww - they really like each other :D As neighbours!

i love bonding too:D well, I hate bonding, but i love the end result (usually:lol: )

Well done, so you gonna make it a four?;) :lol:

It's great to see that the bunnies are all getting along now, and I agree, it is a lot of fun to watch them interact. As you know, I am hoping to add a third bunny to my two, and I am also scared of the bonding. Snoopy can be a bit grumpy, but hopefully Janice will do her magic and help me. :D

I think we should rename Janice, the Fairy Bunmother!!;) :lol:

Wow well done! Any pictures yet?

Here is a couple I think posted already...Once our new carpet is laid down next week I'll get lots more pics of them with nicer background than my messy kitchen (or should i saying bonding room)!!:oops: :lol:

May044.jpg

May041.jpg

:wave: wow darcy looking hapy with a lady friend!

omg how did they all fit int he litter tray?!!

We have 3 of those! one for willow who fills hers..one for bertie who fills his and one for bif who alays seems to share it with bertie and they end up peeing on eachother!!

um im yet to start bonding yet as willows still abit tender fromt he spay..she kept pening the glued up skin and biting the scabs of as soonas theyd formed.but tonite it looked so much more healed..

im dreading this..ive never bonded 3 buns before and im most worried bout bif and willow..berties too easy going and has alredy decided he likes willow..but his love forever is his bif...shes the light in his life bles shim...

darcy looks about the same size as willow is now..im freaking out..shes getting massive!!

:lol: Yep frenchies aren't small!!! They are lovely to cuddle though!;) I've got two giant litter trays in the kitchen for them which they use but for some reason every now and then they have a 3 bun pile up in that one!!

We have a 2, 3 and 4 and I find although once they have other rabbits they are less reliant on us, the benefits of seeing rabbits all together and flopped out is so much better. Well done, Romy :D !

Neil

Back