• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clipping nails....

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
i feel like a terrible bunny mummy. i was carefully clipping Daisy's nails last night. I got to the last 'thumb' nail and she moved as I went to cut it and it came off right at the base... it only bled a little but I feel awful that I did that to her (it wasn't on purpose tho).... i hate it when things like that happen..

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I know how you feel it is so easily done, dont feel bad, you are a brill bunny mum, I feel sick when we do Bellas and Benjis, I hate the noise the clippers make while going through the nail:(

it always seems so cruel having to clip their nails. my two HATE it and i have such trouble with them. when I'm done the scratch at me, stamp, run off and lie down on the mat breathing so fast I always think they're just oging to drop dead! I've cut through one of Charlie's nails before and they make you feel SO GUILTY about it!

Try not to feel bad, it has to be done and it wasn't like you deliberately inflicted pain on them!
<<<Cheer up hug!>>>>

No all these horror stories:( !

I'm doing Smokey's back ones tonight, she doesn't usually need them doing but with the soft ground, they haven't worn down.

Inky has black claws, so I get the vet to do his when he is vaccinated.

Aah thanks for all your replies, glad to know i am not alone. it is so easily done that's the trouble, no matter how careful you are, one move from them and that's what happens.

Trouble was, Daisy didn't make a fuss, she just looked at me as if to say "well that wasn't supposed to happen was it" poor little girl, she is so forgiving... hopefully cos she knew it was an accident...

My other bun Bertie is black and so i also get my vet to do his FriskyClover - can't risk it on black nails!!:shock:

Back