• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit holidays

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what they normally do with their buns when they go on holiday if they dont have anyone to watch them. My bunnies live outside in a shed with an attached run 24hr access with a secure roof ect and worry if they go to a boarding place they will just be stuck in hutches with no exercise and they are used to lots of space and exercise.

I live in scotland and am not sure of anywhere that would board buns.

Do you all board them or what else do you do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as worried as to what to do.

cheers gill

You could look at the possibility of having someone house sit? People often advertise in the local vets, I'm trying to work out how I'm going to leave my group of 14 and looking at that poss.

I have a house-sitter - my best mate:lol: She checks on them 2-3 times a day & I have a vet-nurse visit every morning just as a precaution as my mate is 100% bunny-y - although she's getting better:D

bunny hols

Hi chloaster,

think ive replied to you on every issue i asked about, i seem to be on every page and do so appreciate your help and advice.

I never thought of a pet sitter, would they just come and feed them and go or do you think they would stay and pet them a bit and maybe let them out for a run around or am i being to hopefull. What would you be looking for a pet sitter to do with yours as it looks like you like them to have a run around and some space to free run like me?

Angie i wish i had a best mate i could trust to do that or that would be great.
thanks again guys
gill

Back