• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babies age

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Im sure someone here will be able to answer this. Last week I took on two female bunnies that each had a litter, one with five babies, the other with eight babies. The man who brought them here told me they were 5 days old but I think they were older than that. All of the babies in both litters have now opened their eyes. The babies in the larger litter are slightly bigger and tonight one of them was out of the nest and hopping around and even started to nibble on some hay, I dont think it will be much longer before the smaller litter does the same. Any idea how old they are? Its been over 2 years since I last had an unweaned litter here and I cant remember what age they start to do things :oops:

My wild babies were mouthing at hay by about 2.5 weeks but they couldn't really chew it until about 3 weeks.

Their ears were still semi closed/laid back when they first opened their eyes.

Tam

My wild babies were mouthing at hay by about 2.5 weeks but they couldn't really chew it until about 3 weeks.

Their ears were still semi closed/laid back when they first opened their eyes.

Tam

The ears were half up on the one that came out of the nest today. They only arrived late Wednesday night, I didnt desturb them to much until they settled in so for all I know their eyes could have been open before that. The one out of the nest tonight definatly looked like it was chomping on a bit of hay. Maybe I should take some more pics when I get a chance.

If it helps, this was day 10/11, when they opened their eyes:

baby5.jpg

day 16:

babies16_2.jpg

day 19:

bunny19_3.jpg

Thanks for that. The older litter look a lot like your 16 day old pics, the younger litter look inbetween the first 2 pics so maybe around 14 days which would make them older than he told me they were. At least I have a rough idea how old they are now :D

The ears were half up on the one that came out of the nest today. They only arrived late Wednesday night, I didnt desturb them to much until they settled in so for all I know their eyes could have been open before that. The one out of the nest tonight definatly looked like it was chomping on a bit of hay. Maybe I should take some more pics when I get a chance.

i definitely think more pics are essential Cheryl ;) :wave:

Back