• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help needed with british giants 2nd update

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
im going to assess a situation tomorrow 2 adults and 4 babies im only supposed to be rescuing mum she has ear mites so ive offered to take her to get her the vetinery treatment she needs, :( the owner said the flies are swarming the cages :cry: :cry: im very concerned and will probably end up bringing every one away the babies are 10 weeks old is anyone able to offer spaces for these guys wether it be foster places or rescue places please pm me
thanks
bunnyrun
sorry but i forgot to mention these bunnies are british giants:oops: :oops:

Last edited:
If you don't mind putting what area you live in it might help people to be able to assess if they can help you :)

Ok, I can probably help with a bunny run up the M1 to mids/the north... not sure when, but certainly within the next couple of weeks.

help with british giants update

im going to assess the situation today in the hope of getting these bunnies out it appears someone doesnt feel i should take these bunnies in ive bn slated big time when all im trying to do is my best i now dont feel id be doing the right thing by taking them all i can do is get the rspca involved and hope they get them out, thank you so much for the offers of help guysm, im not going to post on here anymore someone who i trusted into my home has hurt me big time from rr.
i now feel theres a possibility she will slate me publicaly its just to upsetting
if she does id rather not know about it so ive decided to leave,even tho the rspca has said there is nothing wrong with my rescue:roll: :roll:
RESCUES all the best in the future and good luck with all the bunnies you manage to save
im sorry i have to leave this friendly little community:cry: :cry:

Please don't feel you need to leave RU, if someone has criticised you on RU or by pm's then pm Tamsin or Adele as no one is allowed to attack another member personally. If you leave then you are cutting down the amount of people who can help you rehome the rabbits you have and at the end of the day we're all working together (or should be anyway) to help rabbits.

Bunnyrun, its upsetting when this happens and quite natural for you to dwell on what you see as a betrayal. At the end of the day, humans come and go and better to find out now that you are incompatible with one. You have decided to devote your time, energy and resources in rescuing rabbits and thats what it is about. If this person has decided for whatever reason that you are not doing this, the way she thinks you should, you have to decide whether you are doing this for the rabbits or approval from others. You have been given the okay from the RSPCA and that is great.

I think you will find that no one can come onto this forum and slate you. It would be libellous.

One rescue has offered to take in two of the giants, if a bunny run can be organised. Try and put what has happened behind you and focus on what you set out to do, which is to help these rabbits. PM me if you want some help in organising their rescue etc.

Can we not row all our boats in vaguely the same direction?
This Forum is called Rabbits United and exists for the education, rescue and rehoming of rabbits :( . Enough said surely.

Neil

Yes, please don't give up the forum!!!!!:cry: :cry:

I could help you with fostering one or two of the BG's if this would be of any help to you, as you know I am very close to where you are! Just let me know so I can put some accomodation together if I can help.

OMG I don't know what has happened here, but please don't leave the forum. I am sorry I can not help with the bunnies, but having a crisis of my own with some mini rex's at the minute. I hope verythingis sorted soon, take no notice of what someone has said there are some preety weird people out there.

Bunnyrun may I reiterate that if you have been upset by another member, please do not hesitate to contact admin at anytime.
I have seen from afar all the good work you do to help rabbits, sadly there will always be others who will stand in judgement of you.....but as long as YOU believe in you, and know you do your best, that is all that matters.
Best wishes
Adele

Personally if I were you I would not leave either, by doing this, this person has won in their eyes. Who is anyone to judge, especially those of us who dont run a rescue so just ignore them bunnyrun;)

On the subject of the buns though, I was of the understanding that the giants and larger buns cannot/do not leave mum until older than the normal ten weeks as they mature later, might be something worth considering rather than just taking mom, she would probably need her babies in toe too:)

bunnyrun, don't leave the rabbit community here just because of one solitary person. I think we're all agreed that we all prefer rabbits to humans anyway - apart from the nice two-foots here on the forum!;) The rabbits come first - rescuing them is a wonderful thing and not something to ever be critised.

Don't doubt yourself now - those rabbits need saving asap! They come first not somebody else's opinion.

At school (long time ago:oops: ) I remember them telling us a story about an old man, a boy and a donkey and how they were travelling and everywhere they went somebody critised them - oh the boy should riding on the donky; oh the old man should ride on the donkey; how awful the donkey should ride on the back of the old man...you get the picture!! You can NEVER please everyone so keep doing whats right for you xx

Well I have been out all afternoon and this has kept popping up in my mind:? :? I am amazed that you have been judged like this Bunnyrun.:( knowing that you are friends with Dorothy who is a very well respected lady on this forum, I doubt she would be friends with you if this was truely the case of supposedly being a bad enough that warrant an rspca report

Having spoke to a fair few rescues some years ago, I did find that many rescues did slate other rescues, sadly it is a case that some rescues get on and some dont. It may also be the case that a rescue has reported you rather than a member so as to try and close you down so that they can get the majority of rehoming for your area:roll: this does happen as it also happens with business too:(

It can be all to easy for a one man band to be seen as a 'not upto scratch rescue' which is sad as many rescues are run solely by one person, they have no fosterers or helpers and in my opinion should be supported more:(

Who are we to judge the person who is forfeiting there own money to pay for these rescue buns! who are we to judge the person who is cleaning and feeding these rescue buns single handedly! who are we to judge the person who takes on a rescue and forfeits there own life in the process!

Things may not always be ideal in many rescues but at the end of the day, where would the rabbits be today if it were not for that rescue!

I would be the first to admit that, I did judge once, hear-say can be a very dangerous thing. Like many, I dont judge anymore, what is OK to one person can be portrayed a awful by another, at the end of the day, the fact that the animal is safe, clean, watered, fed and recieves vet treatment in their hour of need until a forever home is found is all that matters;)

So I would strongly advise you get your bunny butt back on the forum, sticks and stones as they say;)

british giants 2nd update

Well i went in to assess the situation and managed to get mum out,she has had so many litters the lady cant remember exactly how many:evil: :evil: her eyes are sore and her claws are overgrown and she is underweight :( :( she,s being seen by my vet tonight ive named her millie unfortunately the lady was adament she wanted £50 per baby:shock: :shock: she only agreed to give mum up cos she was sick she has agreed that if she cannot sell the babies she,ll call me she also had 2 gorgeaus males which she has found homes for. Ive called the inspector who visited me last week and stressed my concerns she was going to pay her a visit, one thing i was impressed with was the size of the hutches they were huge so at least the bunnies are not in cramped conditions:) :) she did tell me that she was no longer going to breed which was a good thing i felt awful leaving the babies and males behind but what she told me yesterday was different to what i found today why are people never honest,
hopefully millie will be on the road to recovery now her breeding days are over hopefully now she,ll be able to put it behind her, she,s never been handled so aswell as what she,s bn thru she,s very nervous i just hope with time she,ll trust again will keep you all updated:)

Back