• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mack poorly....rushed to the vets..U/D 4pm

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
On Friday I noticed Mack had a bit of a wet chin, took hin to the vets who checked him over and could find nothing to cause it and we both thought that as he has no teeth and had been chewing carrot top that might have caused him to dribble and so gave me some cream and said to keep an eye on him and take him back if he wasn't any better.

Over the weekend he seemed to be OK but last night looked a bit sore and so I weighed him and he has lost 100gr, this morning he looked worse and his chin is very wet and sore, took him straight over to the vets who has kept him in to sedate and check his back teeth thoroughly.

Mabel has gone with him, as she always does, I am so worried about him.

Was wondering if it isn't teeth, was else could it be?

Last edited:
Awwww poor Mack :cry:
I suspect it is his teeth causing the problem and maybe he has some soft tissue infection too. Hopefully your Vet will sort him out and he can then enjoy eating lots to gain the 100g he has lost

Janex :)

It does sound as though it may be his back teeth :(

Sending loads of healing vibes to Mack - come on boy, you can do it - xxx

Oh crikey!!, oh well the vet has sedated Mack and removed a tooth (sorry...little stump) that appeared to be pressing into his tongue and caused a tiny ulcer..........phew!!, I have been so worried for him incase it was something more serious, but Mabel was only interested in what food was on the menu at the vets!! typical female!:shock:

Anyway, he can come home at 5pm and I am to continue with his antibiotics injections and the cream on his chin.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and support, I was just so worried and went into panic mode:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lots of TLC for him tonight

Phew:shock: Oh these buns really have our nerves in shreds:roll: :lol:
So glad he's coming home tonight - he'll want lots of spoiling and of course, being a man he'll lay it on thick:roll: :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone for your support, he is now back home and looking sorry for himself, but as Jay says he is a man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will keep an eye on him and see if we can get him eating.

Thanks guys

Back