• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

worried sick UPDATE

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Just been out to see the rabbits and my little doe millie has discharge coming out of her nose and her eyes have closed up and have goo all around them she cant open them because they are so puffy, I am frantically trying to get an appointment with the vet, they are engaged at the minute so I will keep trying I am worried sick she is only a baby
Sally

Last edited:
Have now got an appointment for 11:20 I am really scared hope she will be ok she does not look good
sallyx

the wait is horrible, I really hope she pulls through she is a lovely girl please send vibes for her
sallyx

Left for the vets a bit early and was seen quickly, there first concern is Mixi, they said they have to assume the worst with her symptoms she looks awful, she has had two injections and they want to see her again tomorrow the poor thing she was very brave and didn't move when they put the needle in. Im just praying she will pull through although the vet doesn't hold out much hope fpr her. Im feeling so sad for her.
Sallyx

Hi,yes I have other rabbits she is in the house with me at the minute so I will keep her seperated from the others, all the others look fine, but I will be monitoring them very closely.
Sallyx

Would it be possible to maybe have someone else look after your other buns for a while? As in, you and Millie dont go anywhere near them, and whoever is looking after the others stays away from Millie? Its difficult but maybe worth trying? Also, I'd buy new food/bedding etc for the others, if theyve been in contact with the stuff you've touched after touching millie/her belongings? Dont really know exactly what im talking about, but i'd try it Xx

thanks everyone, it is so heartbreaking looking at her, I feel very tearful at the minute. I will be having all my buns vaccinated it is such a awful illness (if it is mixi) I look at her and think how can she recover from this, she looks so ill and sad it's heartbreaking.
Sallyx

can someone tell me how a rabbit catches mixi? Is it airbourn or is it by direct contact thank you
sallyx

Back