• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toilet rolls and yellow pages

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I would love to give some to my buns... but they eat the cardboard tubes... and they have also eaten newspaper in the past, which is why they dont get it anymore... i feel like they are missing out... how come everyone else has buns that dont eat paper :? :?

They do eat it! What is cardboard and newspaper anyway but wood and water?
We giveours toilet rolls stuffed with hay and the lot goes. We do however, make sure that they don't eat too much :D !

Neil

So its ok to give them loo rolls to eat? I do worry about these things... :? i am scared they might get a blockage or something. :?

Deej refused to eat his hay when I gave him it in a loo roll tube! :lol:

Still nothing wrong with using willow tubes, veg holders etc for hay. :D

I give mine cardboard & the yellow pages, but I think if they eat too much it can get trapped in their gut - so make sure they are still eating/pooing fine.
It can mean they aren't getting enough hay too, if they eat paper - although that can't be the case with mine, as the door got jammed shut the other day with all the hay piled behind it:roll: :lol:

They never used to eat much hay at the time Angie, well Oscar didnt (this was a year ago), but since getting girlfriends, they are hay eating monsters... the amount of hay i go through is astonomical...!!!! I might try and give them some, see if they eat it, if they do... it will be the last time they get the yellow pages!! :lol: thanks for advice everyone.

Mine usually just nibble the loo rolls a bit, then chuck them around for a while! :lol:
Flower enjoyed digging and shredding a phonebook, but she didn't eat any of it...
Aemilia likes to eat our post (their area is next to the door which the post comes through - it's not used as a 'door' though) - don't mind when it's bills!

Back